Friday, December 18, 2009

Boatloads of Possibilites

I have to say I really enjoy my recent issue of Paper Crafts magazine (jan/feb 10). It has some wonderful creations in it that are a great inspiration.  I got my idea for this card from that mag. The layout and color inspiration are from a card called "let's hang out" on page 52.  As far as what I made this card for I don't have an answer which is why I left off the sentiment. I figure it can be adapted for a boy's birthday, or maybe a card from my son to Daddy or even to the grandparents, or even a non traditonal Valentine card if I add the big heart to it from the boatloads of love set. 

For the card base I used DCWV. The light blue layer is SU bashful blue and the polka dot paper is another DCWV from the summer mat stack which I matted on SU Navy.  I used the SU scallop border punch on the bash blue layer.  I don't add ribbon to my cards very often because I am Horrible at tying it and not making it too lumpy but I'm glad I went out of my comfort zone and added the ribbon to this one.  The polka dot ribbon was from Michael's dollar bin at halloween. I stamped the boat in Stazon black and watercolored with various pencils and a blender pen.  I added some diamond stickles to the puffs of smoke and the upper windows for a little dimension and the waterfall stickles to the waves.

Hope everyone has a great day, thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely spectacular!!! Luv the boat and yes, it would make a cute valentine card!!!
Great design and layout!
Huggz Sistah!
Khara

Pat (mspfd) said...

Superb! The card is perfect as is. Depending on the design, I think adding a sentiment to some cards makes them look cluttered.

Becky said...

This is so adorable, I just love this.

Michelle Forrest said...

wonderful card!

Karen Howard said...

Love the colors you used on this card... great way to take a Valentine stamp set and make it versatile!!!

Crafty Creations said...

Great boy card! I love the polkadot background paper and your watercoloring of the boat is terrific! You did great on the ribbon tying. It takes some practice to get it right and you're gettin' there!!!
Maria

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails