Sunday, December 20, 2009

Fancy Valentine

I'm getting a head start on Valentine Day cards. I'm trying to make several different ones this year instead of all the same. This one was very easy to do so I will have to make a copy of it. :)

 I started with a white card base, then ran my pretty in pink layer through the cuttlebug with the textile embossing folder.  I then made my border of white using the Martha Stewart heart border punch and layered a strip of the fleur de lis EK Success slimline border punch. I don't know how I feel about these slimline punches I have a hard time with them.  I then used my new Fleur De Lis Nestie die that my dear dear friend sent me for Christmas along with a bunch of other goodies.  I broke out one of my older SU sets...Gentler Times...and inked the heart with white craft ink stamped it on pretty in pink SU paper and covered it with holographic embossing powder then heat embossed. I applied it to the card with pop dots.  I was going to add a sentiment or even a silver heart charm but it just made the card look cluttered so I left it as is. Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek.

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

Wow Carrie! This is so pretty. Like everything about it - Just so pretty - as I said.

Karen Howard said...

This card is so romantic... I love the pink and white!!!

Chris said...

WOW a pretty valentine card! Thanks for sharing.

Holley said...

Such an intricut card. wow

Rhonda said...

Wow Carrie this card is absolutely stunning...

Hugs
Rhonda A

Monica said...

This is a masterpiece... it is compelling me to become your follower. Such a STUNNER!

xxx Monica

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails