Thursday, December 10, 2009

Let It Snow Tags

Well since my attempt at card making has been less than inspring the past couple days I thought I would try to make these snowman tags that I've wanted to create since receiving the Snow Friends cricut cartridge.  I have a card swapper group on Facebook and each month I try to make something for the women participating, this tag will be January's thank you. 


These were really fun to make and a great way to use up your scraps.  I started by cutting different snowmen from the Snow Friends Cricut cartridge at 3 in on white cardstock.  I then cut out each snowman's accessories also at 3 inches.  If you apply multiple scraps to your cricut mat you can do several different accessories without having to constantly unload your paper, just move your blade over to your next scrap on the mat and do your cutting.
I drew the faces on, it was much easier than cutting out those small black dots for the mouth etc. I did cut out some of the noses and others I drew with orange marker.  After I dressed them I added some stickles to the outer edges to give them some sparkle.


I then cut the tags from the George Cricut cartridge. The blue layer was cut at 4 inches and the green was cut on the shadow feature also at 4 inches.  I ran the blue tags 2 at a time through my cuttlebug using the Snowflake embossing folder. The green snowflakes were punched out with a Martha Stewart punch.  I stamped Let It Snow in SU Always Artichoke on scraps of the blue and layerd with scraps of the green.

Thanks for looking, off to finish the last 5 tags.

17 comments:

Sarah said...

OMG Carrie, there are just too adorable! You did a great job on the faces, they are so cute. I'm so glad I'm in the swap group & playing in January! LOL Ok, off to find that cartridge on-line, now I HAVE to have it. Thanks! :-)

Julie said...

Wow these are so cute. I see you are really having fun with your Cricut. :)

Louise Forsyth said...

These are just so sweet, the snowmen are super cute.

Stampin'GHmom said...

Very sweet!

lcamacho said...

OMG!!!these little snowmen are cute.I hope I get a cricut for christmas....LOL

Alissa said...

These are soooo cute! I have never used my Cricut tag template. Now I want to! :)

Elizabeth said...

Oh how lovely Carrie. They are too good to give - you should frame them and put them on the wall as a decoration. Just beautiful.

Lynn said...

Love these delightful snowmen tags!! How precious!

Karin said...

Darling tags! I love snowmen.

Cheryl said...

These tags are adorable!

jimlynn said...

These are so cute and cuddly! Just precious.

Nancy said...

oh oh oh I LOVE these!!

Sew-Ink said...

Adorable snowman tags!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your tags- cute cute cute!

Anonymous said...

Too Cute!! Better send one to ConnieKat! LOL! -Lisa

Karen Howard said...

These tags are really cute!!! I'm such a snowman addict! I never think to use my Cricut for cardmaking, thanks for the idea!

wanda50 said...

I love your tags. I am anxiously waiting for my Snowfriend cartridge to arrive. Your tags makes me glad I ordered it. Too cute!!! Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails