Monday, December 21, 2009

MOJO 118 Happy Birthday

I love the sketch for Mojo Monday this week. After seeing it this card came to mind right away.  I need to use up more of my DP instead of hoarding it all so I actually broke the seal on one of my DCWV packs that have yet to be touched. The pack is called Rustic and when I chose these 2 papers I thought the SU Upsy Daisy image would be perfect for a country style birthday card. 

The card base is SU Close to Cocoa which is the same color I used to stamp the image and sentiment.  I punched the sentiment with an SU designer label punch and layered it with SU Mellow Moss. I also layered the image with Mellow Moss and punched the boarder with SU eyelet border punch. I made a piece of faux ribbon coming down with a scrap piece of Mellow Moss and applied the sentiment with pop dots.  I'm not sure how much is shows in the picture but I added a dab of platinum stickles to the tips of the flowers.  Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my creations I reallly appreciate your visit.

14 comments:

Patti said...

Gorgeous.... the dp is amazing!

Elizabeth said...

How lovely - I know just what you mean about DSP - I just get it out and stoke it! LOL. Glad you broke into your stash to make such a stunning card.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Maggie said...

What a great combo of stamps and paper. I totally hear ya on hoarding paper. I was told no paper for Christmas until I use up some that I have. At that rate I will never get new DSP again :) Thanks for sharing!

Kellie said...

Love everything about the card and the DP is amazing.

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

That Upsy Daisy stamp really does go perfectly with that DP! You did a fantastic job with this card. And you're right, that sketch is fun! I might just have to go use it myself! :D

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Such beautiful patterned papers.

StampsPaperGlitter said...

this really makes for a nice man's b'day card too! Love it

Stampin'GHmom said...

Great card. You chose the perfect stamps and paper for this image. Well done!

jimlynn said...

Oh, Carrie....this is so pretty. Just great. Love the color combo.

Steph said...

Very pretty card. I love that DS paper. It worked perfect with that stamp set. You did a great job on this.

Kylie-Jo said...

Stunning card! I would never have thought to use this stamp set and it looks great!! Great use of dsp as well. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

hmm...this would make a beauty for a swap I'm in....
Great card Sistah!

hugs to you

Pearlabella

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous MoJo card- I love your color combo-and the stamps work great with this layout! Merry Christmas!

Karen Howard said...

Gorgeous card... love the patterned paper!!! At one time I just had to have this stamp set but haven't used it yet... but I will now!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails