Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Monkey Love


In sticking with my no more paper hoarding promise I broke out another DCWV stack and cut up not one but 2 (gasp) sheets of cardstock. 

Instead of "mass producing" the same Valentine over and over this year I'm trying to make each one unique.

My inspiration came from the Sketch Challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  My color combo was inspired from the pattern paper with the animals on it.  Here's what I used...for the card base I used SU Mellow Moss. The 2 patterned papers are DCWV Animal Crackers, that I've had for over and year and only used one sheet of paper out of it till now.  The image stamp is a Valentine Changito by Stampendous. I used the sentiment from the SU Wild about you set, both were stamped in Stazon jet black. I matted this panel with SU Choc chip. I then colored the image with a combo of SU markers and tombow markers. It doesn't show in the photo but the monkey is outlined with some pink chalk I rubbed on with a q-tip.  I added the heart punch border with the Martha Stewart border punch and the 2 little heart brads.  Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day

19 comments:

Vicki said...

Hi Carrie! This card is so cute! Love the papers and that image! I, too, was having a hard time using up some treasured product. Now, I have set a goal to clean out the stash before adding any more to it! We'll work on it together...lol! Blessings to you!

Amanda said...

This is really CUTE! I think I may have to CASE this one. LOVE IT.

GlitterBee love!

lcamacho said...

This is just too cute!!

Kellie said...

Such a cute monkey. I love the colors. Looks like we are both with Stamps R Us and Glitterbees. Looking forward to the new year of blogging.

Sarah said...

This is adorable Carrie. I too am going to try to use up my "stash" this year. We can do it!!

Mary G. said...

This is just adorable!! I do love Changitos. Great job! And I'm proud of you for cutting into your paper collection! I, too, am a paper horder and I'm trying to use it instead of 'collect' it! :) We CAN do this!

Crafty Creations said...

Love this little monkey!!! And the background papers are great! I too want to use up my stash! But its hard when I keep BUYING more paper!! YIKES!
Maria

jimlynn said...

Such a cute card! I'm like you, I buy all this fantastic paper and then don't want to use it! Crazy, isn't it.

Anne said...

Great card, love those papers :)

What a good resolution, to use it up not hoard. Mmm... tough though LOL!

Happy New Year from Anne, a Glitterbee

Kathy said...

Fellow paper hoarder here, too! Love your card. That sketch worked well with Changito. All the little details are perfect.

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

Oh my gosh I just love that monkey image! So cute! And your card is fabulous! Great job using up your DP :D It's well worth it, as hard as it is to let some of that DP go.

Happy New Year!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super cute card. Love the colors and fun image. Have a wonderful New Year!

Maggie said...

What a cute card! I made the same promise to use the stash :) Hope it goes well for ya!

Stampin'GHmom said...

This is great! Love the pattern paper together. Each is unique but they pair well together.

Loretta Rodger said...

Carrie,

this is a truly adorable card, I love the little monkey dude and the fun papers and layers!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this- great papers with the image- and great coloring! Fun Valentine! Happy New Year!

My lifes inky escape and more said...

This is really cute Carrie! Love Changito

Renee
Glitter Bee

Annie said...

Carrie, this is darling! I just love how you incorporated different hearts - so darling!

Happy New Year!!!

Karen Howard said...

Really cute... I love everything about this card, the heart border punch, color combination, heart brads, the PP... did I mention that I love it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails