Monday, December 7, 2009

Passing Time

I'm trying to occupy myself while waiting on the doctor's office to call me back so I can find out if my son has pneumonia and after wearing a path in the floor from pacing I thought it would just be better if I kept myself busy in my craft room while my son is lying down. 

So I hopped on over to Splitcoaststampers to check out the challenges for today and decided to try the CAS44 Challenge. I could only use shades of red and brown with some white or vanilla on the card and basically keep the card clean and simple...here's what I came up with


I started with riding hood red SU cardstock for the base. I've had this old DCVW patterned paper and it fit the challenge perfectly. I cut a 3 in piece and mounted on brown CS and then adhered to the red base.  I used SU Thoughts and Prayers set for the image. Inked the stamp with Chocolate Chip SU and then took a Q-tip and wiped the ink off the flowers. I used my red Tombow marker and colored the flowers then stamped the image on SU white.  The Merry Christmas sentiment is from SU Christmas Greetings.  I matted the white panel on brown cs also.  The border punch is EK Success fleur de lis.

I think it could use a little something at the bottom but the point was clean and simple. 

5 comments:

lcamacho said...

My prayer and thoughts Are with you and your son.Pray that the next time we hear from you Everything is Good.YOur card is sooo cute. Love the colors

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Lovely card, that is one of my favorite stamps. I'm sorry to hear about your son and I'll be saying a prayer for you both. Please let us know how he is doing.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous card- I hope all is well and it is *not pneumonia*!!! Hugs

Sarah said...

Gorgeous Carrie! I hope Jason is feeling better. That poor little guy. :-(

Nancy said...

Beautiful! What about a ribbon along the bottom... or three little brads...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails