Friday, December 4, 2009

Stamps R Us Blog Challenge Card

For the blog group I belong to Karen gave us our first challenge which was to create a card using the sketch on Mercy's Blog and so here is my creation.

The base of the card is DCWV brown cardstock. I then used SU celery cs with the finial press sizzix embossing folder and adhered to the base.  The DP is a mix of old DCWV and new DCWV from the green stack.  The owl stamp is from Stampendous. I colored the image with a combo of tombow and bic mark it markers.  And of course I had to use my trusty nestabilities circles and scallops.

I think this would make a good card from my son to Daddy with the saying inside....loves you?  ME!  For Valentine's Day

This was fun, always love a sketch challenge and can't wait for the next one. Thanks

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my, this is just too freakin adorable! I LOVE it!!

jimlynn said...

WOW! This is just beautiful! I like everything about it.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this! Perfect colors together- I love these DSP's togerher. I have a daughter in a sorority in college-the mascot is an owl, so I always LOVE the owl cards.

Karen Howard said...

This card is amazing... where do I start!!! Love the patterned paper (perfect choice for this stamp), the embossing in the background and those owls are just soooo cute!!!

lcamacho said...

Hello Carrie and welcome to stamps R Us.What a cute card, Love the owls.

Kellie said...

Great card. I really love the embossing in the background and love the paper choice. Too Cute. Oh, and Feline Creative actually gave us the challenge this month.

Mercy said...

aaawww, carrie...this is precious! those owls are just adorable, and your papers are perfect for this!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done a phenomenal job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Carrie said...

Thanks Kellie for telling me that I edited my post...sorry for the confusion :)

Lesley said...

what a great card ... love the image

Julie said...

Great card. Love the colors. I see you are having fun with your blog. It is looking great. :)

Vicki said...

Carrie, there's a blog award for you over on my blog! Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

your blog is really coming along....looking good Sistah

Hugs to you from Pearlabella

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails