Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cupcake Birthday

This will be a quick post since I'm off to get my son from school in 20 mins.  I saw this great sketch at Pickled Paper Designs and couldn't wait to try it. I'm trying to explore my cricut carts more to see exactly what designs I already have avaliable to me before I buy any more carts.  I have a small collection of carts (9) compared to some.  So anyway here's my creation for this sketch.

Base is choc chip SU run through the cb with D'vine swirls folder. The yummy cupcake paper is from DCWV of course, their sweets stack.  I just picked up new nesties...well new to me Labels 2 I believe they are called.  The cupcake came from the doodlecharms cart. I cut the choc base out at 3 1/2 the I creased the bottom to give it some dimension. I then cut the top out at the same size and ran it through the cb also with D'vine swirls. I added stickles to the swirls and the adhered it to the card with pop dots. The Cherry on top is from SU tart and tangy.  Wish big sentiment is from SU Short and Sweet and it was punched out with the small oval SU and layered with DCWV pink cs and the lg oval.  The border is SU eyelet lace that I've used several times before...love that border punch. Well that's it for today, have a great one and stop back soon...some fun challenges will be coming up.

17 comments:

Sarah said...

So cute & that cupcake looks good enough to eat!

Sharon said...

What a great card! Love the cupcake, the embossing and the papers!! :)

Kathy said...

Adorable, love that cupcake. I have that cricuit cart, but haven't used it. I need to get it out.

Vicki said...

Carrie, this is terrific! Great colors and design! Blessings to you!

Kellie said...

Ya gotta love the cricut. This is a really cute card.

Anne said...

Carrie how adorable, love that swirly embossed icing, such a clever idea

TropicLuv said...

Really nice, I love the chocolate brown color with the peachy punk! Nice combo, super card! Aloha...

Cindy Jones said...

Your art is making me hungry! I love the way you made the frosting swirl on the cupcake!

Annie said...

what a darling card!!! Loving that icing and a cherry :)SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Micki Switzer said...

I agree with everyone else...it's really making me hungry for some cake...Love the cherry on top.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fabulous card! I need a cricut for dummies class! I love the colors of your card and how the BG paper accents the main image/cupcake!

My lifes inky escape and more said...

Super cute Carrie! I love the cupcake paper and the big cupcake......darling!

Renee
Glitte bee

Karen Howard said...

This card reminds me of one big, yummy cupcake! Love the details that make it look so wonderful!

Alissa said...

I would have never thought to emboss the cupcake like that. It changes the whole look all together. Really, reall cute card Carrie.

Lisa said...

Google account..yay! Just wanted to say again how much I love this cupcake card! :)

Chris said...

This is darling! The embossing on the cupcake and the "crimped" liner is the crowning touch! Color choices are awesome...chocolate!!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

I just saw this card on your blog and I have to say how cute this is! I love the cup cake top, great idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails