Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Double Blog Challenge

Well here is my attempt at combining the 2 challenges for both the blog groups I belong to. First challenge is from Stamps R Us where I am supposed to get inspiration from a cake design. I choose to use the cake that was all pink and white with the pink roses on it.  My second challenge came from The Glitterbees where they had a sketch to follow.

The dp is from the Luxury stack DCWV. I used the swiss dots (PC)  and the Finial Press (SU) folders through the cuttlebug.  The rose is from SU Fifth Ave Floral. I stamped it on SU Pretty in Pink 3 times cutting each rose out smaller then pieced them together using pop dots for dimension. The one thing I would change about this card if I was to recreate it is not to run the rose through with the swiss dots. Its too much.  I added some color to the rose with SU watercolor pencil and a blender pen.  Thanks for the challenges ladies, it was fun.

19 comments:

Vicki said...

Beautiful card, Carrie! Great job with the challenges! Blessings to you!

Annie said...

Such a beautiful card! Love all the texture and those colors. Great take on both challenges!!

Sarah said...

Very pretty Carrie! I "need" that stamp set. :-)

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card! Just gorgeous.

Amanda said...

Beautiful love the texture.

Glitterbee love!

Micki Switzer said...

This is so pretty, Carrie. I just love that swiss dots cuttlebug folder. Great challenge card!!

Kellie said...

Great take on both challenges. I need to get both of them done as well.

Kathy said...

Lovely, I really like all the texture from the embossing. Just an all around beautiful card.

Payne Holler Cards said...

you nailed both challenges! a really beautiful card...!!!

Alissa said...

This card is so pretty. The embossing makes such a difference.

My lifes inky escape and more said...

This is gorgeous!

Renee

Karen Howard said...

Very beautiful!!! This card is really stunning, Carrie! Love the patterned paper and the embossing!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, love how you ran this through the swiss dots.

lcamacho said...

beautiful card!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

Mary G. said...

Oh, my, I am NEARLY speechless! This is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful color choices and all the texture makes the flower just pop off the card!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Anne said...

This is lovely, especially with all the texture :)

Khara said...

Really luv your Fifth Ave Rose card Carrie! What a neat idea how you cut it out and paper pieced it with dimensionals!!! May have to case that idea! This card is so, super beautiful!!! wow girl!
TFS
huggz...........
khara

Karli said...

Beautiful! Love the layered rose- so pretty :) Wonderful job with the challenges.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails