Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Follow Your Heart

I hadn't planned on posting any cards today till I saw the sketch challenge on splitcoaststampers for SC265.  So I dropped my son off at preschool, ran to walmart and thought of nothing else the whole time but how could I use my new stamps with this sketch and this is what I came up with.

The stamp is a birthday gift from my sweet friend Sarah,who I just adore and I met her through Splitcoaststampers and we've formed this wonderful friendship over the past couple years, don't know what I'd do without her...BIG HUGS SARAH!!! 

Anyway I fell in love with the Verve set Up Up and Away, and couldn't wait to have it.. Am I rambling cause it feels like I am LOL...bear with me...I'm a brand new Verve owner and have to say I'm loving their stamps.  So back to the card
The base is SU black, the green dp is DCWV summer mat stack, the blue is SU bashful.   I stamped the balloon on red dp out of the same summer mat stack cut it out. Then stamped the balloon on the blue layer and layered on the red. Stamped the clouds, cut them out and popped them with dimensionals.  Now to find a saying, I think this saying goes perfectly with this image...the sentiment is from SU sab Whimsical Words.  So since you're to follow your heart what better than to punch a heart and float it in the clouds. Oh and I used the SU scallop punch.

Thanks Sarah for the wonderful birthday gift you know I love it and thanks to all of you for stopping by and listening to my ramblings today. Have a wonderful day.

17 comments:

Kathy said...

This is terrific! One of my very favorite Verve sets, and love how you did this card. The little heart in the clouds is such a sweet touch!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is absolutely spectacular. I love this Verve set and you did a fabulous job using it for today's SC.

Karen Howard said...

Love this card as well as the color combination! I recently got this same stamp set but haven't used it yet! Thanks for the inspiration!

Stampin'GHmom said...

Super cute card, Carrie. I have been admiring Verve Stamps for a while and can't wait to buy some. I like the colors that you used and 3D aspect of the balloons and clouds

Elizabeth said...

Oh how lovely! I adore the way you have layered the heart over the clouds. No wonder you were inspired - now I am :)

Bonnie said...

Ohhh, love this Carrie! Wonderful job! The colors are so bright too. Love it!

Jacqueline said...

fabulous card! great job with the sketch! ~Jacqueline @ Scraps of Life

jimlynn said...

This is precious! Really like the image and the colors you used. So cute.

Micki Switzer said...

I could use a friend like Sarah...She has really good taste in stamps...love the hot air balloon. Your clouds are terrific...LOve It!!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love Verve! your card is adorable..I'm smilin because I sent you the same award LOL...just havent gotten PC time to let you know until now!

Annie said...

awww, this card is FAB! Such a great take on the sketch! I just love your clouds and a heart! So cute!

Alissa said...

Oh my goodness I love this card! It grabbed my attention right away. Really, REALLY nice!

Anne said...

What a lovely card and a lovely friend too to buy you such a beautiful stamp set, this looks fab

Mary G. said...

LOVE this!!! You did a great job! That's a great stamp set. I might have to check into that one!

My lifes inky escape and more said...

So cute with the clouds and love the colors!

Rae Anne said...

What an absolutely fabulous card - I simply love everthing about it!

Tami said...

I really like the colors and the layout you used:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails