Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

Well its the New Year and with the holiday hustle and bustle finally over I had a chance to sit down and start scrapbooking the pics from Christmas.  I love this picture of my husband and I. Our 5yr old son took this on Christmas Eve. He's quite the shutterbug. 

The pic on here doesn't do the paper justice. Its full of glitter and sparkle. I loved the color combo on the paper and thats when I thought a black and white photo would go better than the color one. 
The paper is from the Rustic pack DCWV.  I added all the gold brads to the swirls, then broke out my trusty cricut with the Storybook cart for the bird and corner embellishment. I sponged the bird and the leaves with SU More Mustard and added sparkle to them with some Stickles. Thanks for looking and have a wonderful New Year.

16 comments:

Karen Howard said...

Happy New Year! Gorgeous scrapbook page! Love the bird and leafy embellishment too.

MiamiKel said...

Beautiful page and Happy New Year!!

Cheryl said...

Wow! This is fabulous!

Happy New Year!

Becky said...

What a beautiful page.

Micki Switzer said...

I love the bird, too!! You are right about the black and white with this color combo... Very Pretty!! Happy New Year to you and your family.

Micki

Kathy said...

Beautiful layout and what a great photo your son took. Love the colors you used, very elegant. Happy New Year!

lcamacho said...

WOW!!This is stunning.And you and your husband took a beautiful pic.

Cindy Jones said...

Your son did a fantastic job taking the picture! Your layout is splendid! I also want to say: HAPPY NEW YEAR! May you have a joyful and prosperous new year!

Annie said...

oh so pretty!!!! You guys look so pretty :)

Gina said...

Lovely photo take by your budding photographer! Very nice layout too.

Payne Holler Cards said...

talented son!!! beautiful page...Happy New Year!!!

Vicki said...

Just beautiful, Carrie! Great photo! Happy New Year and blessings to you and your family!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous scrapbook page! I love the color and your pic is wonderful- and taken by a 5 yr old? Wow! Happy New Year!

Karli said...

Beautiful page & great pic too :) No head cutting, I'm impressed! Storybook is my favorite font cartridge- love it! Happy new year!

Anne said...

Nice layout and there's that lovely border punch again!

Khara said...

Luv the page of you and Mike Carrie! Jason does great with photography!!!
Beautiful page, luv your additions to dress it up.... Great Job!!!
TFS
Huggz............

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails