Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hey Diddle Diddle

I love when a card turns out exactly how you envisioned it.  I had the idea for this baby card in my head for weeks and finally got around to making it. First I needed to come up with a layout and as soon as I saw Mojo121, I knew I had it but couldn't figure out a color combo that would be gender neutral until I saw Karen's color combo on her Long Stem Posie card and that was the final piece of inspiration I needed to complete this.

I used the cricut cart Paper Doll Dress Up, cutting the moon at 2 1/2 inches. I cut it out twice once in yellow and white then cut the stars off and glued them on the yellow moon. I also chalked the edges of the moon and adhered with pop dots.
The cow was cut at 3in 3 times, once in black, then tan and brown.  I used chalks, watercolor pencils and black marker to give the cow its color.  I then cut its front legs off and repositioned them so it could jump over the crescent moon. I adhered it with pop dots. The only stamp on here is circle of friendship from SU stamped in more mustard.  DPs are a mix of dcwv and SU.  I also used SU circle punches, scallop punches.

Not exactly sure what I'll do with this card since I don't know anyone having a baby...but I don't know if I could part with it anyway, have you ever had one of those cards you  make and love so much you have to hold on to it or is that just me? lol  Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great day.

24 comments:

Viki said...

I'm also planning to make a baby greeting card, however I don't have any friend who is having a baby :)
Why don't you use this card for Simon's challange? You know,this week, Simon says: "New baby" :)
Hugs,
Viki from Hungary

Anne said...

Viki beat me to it - Simon Says!

This card is just so, so adorable and maybe wants frmaing and putting on your wall for a while. Yes, there are cards that are hard to aprt with and I can see why this would be one...

Cheryl said...

This is too cute! Great job.

Bonnie said...

How cute is this Carrie...love, love, love this. You have been busy whereas I can't even make one card. Nicely done.

Sarah said...

Awww, this is adorable! Great job Carrie!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Oh Carrie, I am crazy over the top for this card! It is absolutely fabulous...and YES...my craft room is peppered with those cards that are my "babies"...cant bare to part with them. Keep thinking that one day I would put them all together in some sort of wall collage...or two or three LOL

scrappinlil said...

This is so adorable..love everything about it...I forgot their was a cow on PDDU....I also became a follower today...if you like stop by my blog..check it out...http://scrappinlilscreativeside.blogspot.com ...TFS

Micki Switzer said...

I agree, it's very hard to send cards off to their new owners...Really cute ideas coming out of you, Carrie.... Love the thought process and your detailed post.

Stampin'GHmom said...

This is awesome, Carrie!! I love the unusual colors you used that go so well together. Yes, I have lots of cards that I can't quite seem to let go of!

Sentimentalscrapper said...

Fantastic card! I love all of the details and especially the cow. :-)

Jacqueline said...

Such a cute card! I'm glad you found the inspiration you needed to make it come to life! It was a great vision, and now it's a fabulous card! ~Jacqueline @ Scraps of Life

Kathy said...

I love this one Carrie! Really fun with the cow jumping over the moon! You could chang the sentiment and frame for you little one's bedroom, it would be adorable hung on a wall.

Karli said...

OMGosh how cuuute your card turned out! You def should enter it at Simon Says.

Carla aka scrappypug said...

wow! what a fabulous card! So cute and so many steps it took.. thats amazing. I would definitely display it somewhere!

Karen Howard said...

Oh, my gosh!!! I LOVEEEE this card and that cow is so adorable!!! And look at those stars... too cute!!!

The Mama Monkey said...

This is so cute!! I can see why you would totally want to keep it! Love the colors, too! Very gender neutral!

My lifes inky escape and more said...

Carrie this is adorable.....love the cow and how cute everything turned out...great job!

Juanita said...

This is so cute, I love it! Thanks so much for sharing :).

frecklesandpawprints said...

I love it it is adorable!

Annie said...

Carrie, what a super card!!!! Such a great job putting everything together - looks beautiful!

lcamacho said...

What a cute card, love it.

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a delightful card- you did a beautiful job and I love the creativity!

myfairlady2511 said...

Just precious!

Lesley said...

What an adorable card, I just love the cow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails