Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Latte Scrapling


I had seen on Splitcoast a challenge to make some of these little scraplings which are perfect for using up those scrap pieces you have laying around. So I thought why not give it a shot. I loved making this. It was quick, easy and used up quite a bit of my scraps...I made 8 of these.  I think they will be perfect to use as a bookmark since it opens like a card and can slide down over the top of a book page.

The finished size of this is 5 1/2 long x 2 wide.  You could make 4 scrapling bases cutting lengthwise on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock if you didn't have scraps.  I stamped the latte image from Like it a Latte (SU) in choc chip. The foam was stamped on a scrap piece of white then cut out and applied with pop dots. I added some diamond stickles to the foam too. The straw was stamped in regal rose along with the heart.  The ribbon was from the bargain bin at Michaels...gotta love those dollar bins.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my creations I always appreciate your comments.

14 comments:

laos348 said...

Scraplings are so much fun! This is super cute!

Sarah said...

Very cute & what a great way to use up scraps. I'll have to try this.

Amanda said...

Really cute! I have a bunch of scraps I need to give this a try.

TFS

Glitterbee Love

Crafty Creations said...

Great job of using up the scraps! I love using my scraps up! I'll have to remember this idea :)
Maria

My lifes inky escape and more said...

This so cute! What a great idea for scraps...you should see me scraps I could make thousands of these!

Renee

Abi Bundy said...

love that ribbon cute card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this-what a great idea and I love the coffee and the frothy.foam on top!

Annie said...

aww, this is lovely!!!!

Karli said...

so very cute! I have this stamp set & I need to use it more often. Love what you've created :)

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

Such a cute bookmark! I'll have to try this out!

Stampin'GHmom said...

Great creation, Carrie! I love how you stamped the coffee cup at the bottom. It looks soooo yummy!

Kathy said...

So cute, love the idea to use it as a bookmark, I never know what to do with those scraplings.

jimlynn said...

This is so cute. I'm going to have to try it. Love that ribbon.

Anne said...

Not seen these before, what a clever idea, thanks for sharing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails