Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Let Freedom Ring

I was trying to create a card the other night and I just kept drawing a blank so I sat there for what seemed like forever and decided to play around with my Christmas gift A Child's Year cartridge on my cricut.  When leafing through the booklet I saw a frame they did using this cut with a flag type background and I decided to recreate it into a card.

The base is SU night of navy, the red is SU torn and layered on a white square. I then rubbed tea dye ink all over that layer, added 3 star brads and adhered to the base.  The center image was cut at 2 1/2 and then shadowed with white cs that I also rubbed with tea dye ink.  Thanks for looking and taking the time to stop by. 

PS... Take time to remember our Troops who protect us and fight for our freedom and take the time to tell a Soldier Thank You, they don't hear it often enough.

8 comments:

Margie said...

I love the simplicity of this one! The torn stripes seem to be just perfect for the ACY cut! Love your blog!

Kathy said...

This is so great! I've been eyeing this cricuit cartridge and think I definitely need it. Love the background, too. The tea dye ink gives a nice vintage feel.

Micki Switzer said...

I bought this cartridge too but I haven't played around with it yet. I love this card...it's a perfect use for this image. I used to have one of these old pedal cars when I was little...wish I still had it.

jimlynn said...

This is wonderful. So cute - that little card brought back alot of memories.

Loretta Rodger said...

This is very simple, yet very elegant. I really like the "flag" feel of the card.

Glitterbee hugs,

Annie said...

I think this card is absolutely AWESOME!!!! I love how you made "stripes" and added stars. And it looks like you have mastered cricut (I'm still learning very slowly...) - it looks fabulous!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

I love the red torn paper, what a great idea and I love effect you've created by using rubbed tea dye ink on your white cardstock, nicely done.

Carrie,
I post a blog award for you on my blog. Come check it out when you have time :) Patty

Karli said...

wonderful card! Great job recreating the frame into a card. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a Child's Year cart. It's in my top 3 fav's for sure.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails