Friday, January 8, 2010

Mariposa Butterfly

StampinGHMom has posted a Challenge on her blog What can you create Wednesday where you're supposed to make a completely unique creation not using a sketch, color combo chart etc. So I thought I'd play along. It went a lot smoother than I originally thought. 

My inspiration for this card came from this fabulous paper. I picked up a new DCWV mat stack that just hit the shelves (yes I bought more paper, shame on me) I couldn't resist it the papers were just too beautiful. When I saw the butterfly on the paper I knew I wanted to use SU God's Beauty set. I stamped the butterfly in versamark then black pigment ink then covered it with black embossing powder and heat embossed then colored the butterfly with SU markers...bermuda bay, saffron and tombow 192. My card base is SU Wild Wasabi, I wish they would bring this color back it is one of my favorite greens.
I ran the edges of the card base through the cuttlebug with one of the cb borders. I don't know which set its from. So I put it all together and it was just missing something, so that's where the leaf frame came in at. I used the Home Decor cart and cut the frame on the cricut at 2 1/2 inches in wasabi.  Still it was missing something so thats when the top and bottom scalloped edge was added using the SU punch.  Finally I used the bermuda bay marker and colored the flower image from the God's Beauty set and stamped it twice, cut it out and VOILA the card was complete. Fun challenge really gets your creativity going.

16 comments:

Stampin'GHmom said...

Carrie,
This is fabulous!! I love everything about it. The layout is wonderful and the leaf frame around the butterfly adds such a nice touch. Your coloring on the butterfly is exquisite.
Thanks so much for playing along!

Anne said...

Carrie this is stunning! How absolutely beautiful and the challenge really got you working :)

Annie said...

aww how beautiful!!!! You're right, that paper is gorgeous! And the coloring on your butterfly is super - I love how you got inspired by the colors of the paper, but made your butterfly pop! And that border with flowers -is great!!!!!

Khara said...

Carrie...this card is absolutely incredible! Luv how the new paper inspired you....wow! Gorgeous colors and coloring and I luv the Cricut Frame....so pretty!!!
TFS
Happy Day!
Huggz............
Khara

lcamacho said...

Carrie, this is just beautiful!!Love everything about it.YOu did an amazing job on the butterfly.

Becki B said...

Love the whole card but I especially love that you used the cricut cart. I have that card so I feel a CASE coming on.

Micki Switzer said...

Beautiful job...thanks for describing your creative process for this card. Heartily agree, a card isn't done until it's done!!

My lifes inky escape and more said...

Carrie this is gorgeous!

Vicki said...

Carrie, this is stunning! Awesome color! You did a great job with the challenge! Blessings to you!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

Crafty Creations said...

This is simply gorgeous! I love the frame around the stamped image and you're correct - that bg paper is beautiful!!
Maria

Elisabeth said...

So very pretty!

Kathy said...

Great job on the No Challenge challenge. Don't think I'd know where to start! The colors are amazing and that butterfly is so beautiful.

jaydee said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Fabulous use of the SU God's Beauty set. thanks so much for sharing your creation
jaydee

The Mama Monkey said...

Love the butterfly! These colors look amazing together. I am jealous of your paperstack! ;)

Scrapping Cat said...

That is stunning card...LOVE the butterfly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails