Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Masculine color challenge


I have a hard time making masculine cards and I really  need to get better at it with all the men in my life.  I created this card  for a color challenge on SCS,  you can find it HERE. So with that combo I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to make a masculine card. I've had this For Father set for a couple years now and I think I've only used it once or twice so it was nice to "dust it off" and use it again. I'm happy with the results of this card and I am loving the color combination.  Here's the supply list...
Base...white
Dp is from SU from the older SAB catty. I didn't have ruby red so I substituted riding hood red SU, and used close to cocoa.  I colored the images with various markers and then added paper glaze to certain apples to add some dimension though it doesn't really show in the photo.  The punches are by SU scallop and photo corner and the white brad is misc.  Oh and I used the Argyle cb folder.  I'm still trying to get the hang of cropping these pics down and I think I'm making them too small, I guess it will be trial and error for awhile. Thanks for taking the time to look.

13 comments:

Anne said...

Great card but aren't masculine cards the hardest ones to do! And it's so hard to leave them plain, no embellies, no ribbons, no buttons LOL!

The Mama Monkey said...

Those colors are perfectly suited for a masculine card! That set is a great one! I think it is so timeless!

Karen Howard said...

This is a great masculine card!!! My husband is very critical of the masculine cards I make... can't use ribbon, buttons, etc. Doesn't leave much to work with!! TFS

Payne Holler Cards said...

that image is perfect and your coloring makes it pop! I have a hard time with masculine cards to...a big help is the new card challenge blog "Cards for Men"...check it out! have gotten great inspiration there...

Kathy said...

This is a great manly card. Your coloring is so vibrant, I love it. I should dust off that stamp set, too. Mine is being neglected. Thanks for the inspiration!

jimlynn said...

This is just perfect! Wonderful card. Love it all.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- I love your Dp and coloring of the image.

Gina said...

Masculine cards are a challenge for me too! Great job capturing a masculine feel and on the coloring of the apples.

Loretta Rodger said...

Really pretty card, love the combo of colors and decoratie paper!

Glitterbee hugs!

Vicki said...

Carrie, you did an awesome job with this card! Love the papers, the details and your coloring is outstanding! Blessings to you!

Annie said...

Great job on your challenge!!! This card is awesome for a guy (and also for a gal too) It's actually perfect all around :)

Amanda said...

One of my fav sets for masculine cards. Love it great layout.

Glitterbee love

Khara said...

Fabulous masculine card Carrie! Luv your colors and coloring, really awesome card! I too struggle with masculine cards and need to practice to get better at it. LOL
TFS
khara

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails