Monday, January 18, 2010

More than just a Thank You...A Challenge

As I get older I have come to appreciate the phrase Thank You more.  Its not that I didn't appreciate it before it just seems to hold a lot more meaning when I hear them now. Maybe its because as my son grows older I'm trying to teach him about gratitude and being grateful and not just assuming people are supposed to give you things.  Some days this is a losing battle for me and other days I know I've gotten through when he comes up to me and says Thank You Mommy for (blank)... without being prompted to do so.

I think there is nothing more special than that hand written note, whether it be in a handmade card, store bought card, email, scrap paper, whatever, expressing your gratitude for someone or something that someone has done and I know in my heart that note means just as much to the receiver.   When I asked friends do you send a thank you note I got a wide variety of answers from...well I always have good intentions but never get around to it..to Oh I always send a thank you...to well I drop a line on facebook... to I send an email when I remember but it may be late. 
So I offer up to you a challenge. It won't take much of your time. Here it is...I challenge you to say Thank You to someone (I edited this so you only have to do one...not all 3)

1. Tell someone thank you by leaving a comment on their blog thanking them for inspiring you or

2. Send someone a handwritten Thank You note...do it on scrap paper if you have to but tell that person what they did that meant so much to you and how grateful you are or

3. Send out that belated Thank You...no matter how late it is

I'd love to hear your stories whether you write it in the comments here or write it on your blog...just leave me a link where I can find it.  So as I close this post for today I say THANK YOU to you...for taking the time to read my ramblings, taking the time to stop by my blog and taking the time to follow me. I am truly grateful. Have a splendid day.
PS...If you decide to take on this challenge and you post in the comments here I will put your name in a drawing to win one Sheet of the KANBAN Billy Diecuts that I used on my mojo121 card.  You have one week, I will post the winner name on Jan 25th.

Oh for those interested in products used on this card...SU soft sky cs, wild asparagus DP, vanilla cs, eyelet border punch, cricut storybook cart, Fifth Ave Floral SU, watercolor pencils

16 comments:

Stampin'GHmom said...

Your card is beautiful and your challenge inspiring!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card. AND THANK YOU for being such an inspiration!

Kellie said...

What a wonderful card and it is inspiring to here the importance of Thank you. I know I do not send out enough of them or probably even say it often enough. I will be working on that.

Mary G. said...

A beautiful card and a wonderful challenge!! In this day and time it's so easy to forget to say those 2 simple words- Thank You...and those simple words mean so much! Carrie, thank you for reminding us all that we need to take those few extra seconds to make someone else feel appreciated. I'm off now to send a thank you to a friend...

Becki B said...

Ok, I figured it out I think. Thank you so much for your thoughful and insightful words about the Thanks. I want to thank you for your kind comments on my cards on my blog and it means a lot to know someone looks at them.

Karen Howard said...

What a beautiful card, Carrie!!! Your story is really inspiring, thank you for sharing a part of yourself, all the wonderful creative projects with us and for making Stamps R Us such a wonderful group to be a part of!!!

Annie said...

oh Carrie, this is great! It's hard to teach a child to be thankful and greatful for things, but you're doing such an awesome job! Unfortunately it's true and we don't thank people enough. And what a great challenge! I'm up for it :) I have done #1 already today without knowing about the challenge. And I am going to do #3 tomorrow, I really need to give a thank you to my co-worker who gave me nice lotion for Christmas (I know, I'm so bad for being late). GREAT challenge. Thank you so much for inspiring me to do better!

My lifes inky escape and more said...

Gorgeous Carrie! Love your colors and the flower....very pretty!

Gina said...

I do try and send out lots of thank you notes/cards. Actually thank yous are probably what i send the most of. I really make the effort to do this on a regular basis, especially when people give the gift of their time and interest. Your card is very pretty, gorgeous paper. Thanks for your inspiration!

Khara said...

Carrie, You are such an inspiration to me!!! Luv, Luv, Luv your card...absolutely gorgeous!!!
Your challenge is really awesome...
An "Attitude of Gratitude" is a very powerful thing!!!
TFS
Khara

Sarah said...

Wow! What a beautiful post Carrie. I am so guilty of this. Thank you for the challenge. I am definitely going to do better! They are 2 simple words that can mean so much to someone.

Kathy said...

Carrie, this card is amazing! Love the softness of it, you really did an outstanding job on this one. You are so right about the importance of sending out TYs. I read your post the other day and felt guilty, because I'm running behind on some of my TYs, but you inspired me, I mailed out two today. Several more to go, but it was a good start. So thank YOU!

Loretta Rodger said...

Carrie;

This is a really pretty card, I love the colors you used together!

Glitterbee hugs,

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Baeutiful card, Carrie! I agree that giving a hand written note is so much more meaningful. My husband and I used to do that as we've sort of gotten away from it.

Anne said...

What a beautiful card and a beautiful challenge, I sent a couple of Thank Yous yesterday and will be sure to thank someone on a blog too. I always try to leave comments, I find they mean a lot to me :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

love your card and your sweet considerate challenge. I try to send Thank you's often...taught my girls when they were growing up to do the same - they are now teaching their kids to do the same! being grateful for any kindness/gift/etc shouldnt be taken for granted...thank YOU for your encouragement and wonderful posts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails