Friday, January 22, 2010

OMG I'm 40!!!!!!!!!!


Well the day is here, as much as I tried to avoid it and as much as I tried to pretend it wasn't coming. It did! It came anyway even with all my pleading of no its not time, its too early, just a little longer in my 30's. LOL  One of my good friends told me "40's are the new 30's".  I love that so I'm going to use that as my motto. A new decade, maybe even a little wiser, definitely more experienced, and yet still new things to learn and discover.  I ended my 30's on a high note of being published so I'm looking forward to what's in store for me in my 40's.

So enough rambling...I thought Grumpabella would be perfect for my card post today.  After all its Exactly how I feel in the mornings.  All I need is my cup of joe to get me going.  I originally did this card for SCS (sc262) sketch challenge  Here's what I used.... card base is choc chip SU, the dp is dcwv from the glitter stack, the small square is saffron that was embossed with the cuttlebugs swiss dots folder, the sentiment and coffee cup came from TPC Coffee Cafe. I finally broke into my In color pack and used some melon mambo (su) for the strip punched with the eyelet border and I colored Grumpbella with a melon mambo marker.  Thanks for stopping by going to enjoy some banana cream pie for dessert tonight...yum!

12 comments:

laos348 said...

You are too funny Carrie! Very fun card and Happy Birthday!

Karen Howard said...

Happy Birthday, Carrie!!! I hope 40's top 30's because I'm next right behind you! Have a wonderful day today!

Payne Holler Cards said...

hey! I am way ahead of you LOL...loved the 40's...you're like "all grown up" but still in the swing of things heehehheeee...
love your card and its sentiment nails me each morning! she was perfect image!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! hugs to you (:

Vicki said...

Oh Carrie, I can SO identify with this image!! Great card and perfect sentiment! Birthday huga and blessings!!

Anne said...

Happy Birthday Carrie!
I'm exactly 5 years ahead of you and I promise you the 40s are just fine :)at day

Hope you had a great birthday, I did :)
Hugs
Anne

lcamacho said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARRIE!!I'm right behind you.So let me know what its like.Give me about 1 year 1/2.LOL.LOve the card its perfect.

Connie said...

Happy Birthday Carrie...I wouldn't mind being 40 again. Great card.

CJ

jimlynn said...

Carrie, your card is precious! I'm kinda the same way in the mornings. Hope you had a wonderful birthday. And trust me - 40 is NOT old!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Happy birthday, Carrie! Your card is really cute, you did a great job with that sketch. Congrats on being published too!

Annie said...

You are so funny!!! :) This card is pretty! Love Grumpabella!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- I am a tea person, but it is all about the caffeine, huh? I love your card!

Kathy said...

Hope your birthday was wonderful! Banana cream pie sounds divine. Love this card, she is one of my favorite Bellas, just like me in the morning before my first cup, LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails