Sunday, January 24, 2010

Simple Valentine


I had a good birthday, got some new stamps woo hoo.  Can't wait to ink them up. Also got my SAB order that I haven't had a chance to play with yet so a lot of new rubber in the house, need to get to creating something. But until then....here's another valentine. This time I wanted to keep it simple, simple layout, simple coloring and not a lot of embellishments. The base is SU wild wasabi, the stripe paper is DCWV summer stack, the image is from Pink Cat Studio...Billy.  I used the SU scallop punch for the border.  I colored Billy with SU markers and added a little glitz to his heart with stickles. Oh and the Be Mine is a stamp from the dollar bin at Mikes.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Will be announcing the winner tomorrow for the THANK YOU CHALLENGE.  Remember to stop back and see if you've won. Have a great day!

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Very cute Carrie! Glad you had a good birthday & I can't wait to see what you create with all your new stamps!

Elizabeth said...

So sweet Carrie - love the colors you have chosen for this stamp. And Happy Birthday - don't worry it is OK here on the other side of 40 :)

jimlynn said...

SO Cute! Love the image and the simplicity of the card. Just great.

Alison said...

This is such a great card. Nice Job! TFS

Fiona said...

I like your style Carrie - I'm visiting from SCS.There really is Life after 40....I celebrate my 4oth birthday for the 24th time in March (and I ain't dead yet)

Karen Howard said...

Glad to hear you had a Happy Birthday! Can't wait to see what you make with your new stamps! Love this Valentine! He looks so cute holding that heart.

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

wow, this is soooo sweet, I luv it....have a fabulous day!

enjoy *~*

Annie said...

Awwww, this is super cute! I love your simple layout, looks great!

Corie said...

Oh my, this is adorable

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a great card- perfect Birthday gift- stamps!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!!

Kathy said...

Darling little Valentine, I bet your son likes this one! Glad your birthday was great, enjoy your new rubber, nothing better!

lcamacho said...

Happy to hear you had a great Birthday.Love this cute card.Image is adorable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails