Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sometimes It Just Needs to be Simple

The Glitterbee blog group I belong to offered up a second challenge this time a color challenge. You were to use bashful blue, certain celery and positively pink on your card.  I pretty much followed it except for the pink.  This card was put together and torn apart numerous times. I had a different dp, didn't work, tried stamping the base with a background stamp... that didn't work for me either and then I realized I just needed to keep it simple. 

The base is SU bashful blue, the dp is from the sweet stack DCWV, the green lace is SU certain celery that I cut using SU eyelet border punch.  This sweet little image is from TAC Dear Friend set, same with the sentiment. I colored the image using a combo of SU markers and Tombow. It doesn't show in this pic but the flowers are covered in stickles.

Fun color challenge and if you 'd like to give it a try feel free to stop by the glitterbee challenge blog and give it a whirl. Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.

21 comments:

jimlynn said...

So very cute! I love, love, love the DP you used - and I like the simplicity of it all. Just a great card.

Sarah said...

Awww, this is so adorable. Such a sweet image. Love your coloring too. Great job!

Loretta Rodger said...

Very adorable! Love the colors!

laos348 said...

This is wonderful - so cute!

Micki Switzer said...

You are a very smart crafter.....this card is perfect just the way it is...simple and sweet.

Annie said...

Carrie, this is darling!!!!! Everything about this card is perfect!! But I hear you about changing things, putting a card together and then taking it apart :) But your end results look GREAT!

Bonnie said...

Oh, Carrie what a pretty cute card. Love the simplicity of this and the colors are so perfect.

Elizabeth said...

How lovely - you have picked up the gingham colors so beautifully in the image coloring. Very pretty.

Karin said...

Darling card...great image, layout and colors!

Karen Howard said...

This card is really cute! Love the color combination too!

Sandi said...

Wow! This is soooo cute! I just love the dp!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a sweet image- love the colors- great challenge card!

Gina said...

this is very sweet, love the plaid paper.

Cindy said...

Wow, what an adorable card!! Love your coloring, and the layout toO!!

Suzanne said...

Hi Carrie! This card is so precious! I love it! You are right that sometime simple is better. I find I always reach a point of "no return" -- where I can't decide if I should do more to the card or just leave it. I am trying to learn to just leave it, and this card is a good reminder. I love it.

Mary G. said...

Carrie, this is adorable! Beautiful color combination- you did a great job on our Glitterbees' challenge!!!

My lifes inky escape and more said...

I love these colors and can't wait to do my card. Your card turned out adorable!

Renee

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love the color choices. That DP is perfect with the bashful blue and certain celery! Super cute card!

Kathy said...

Great job on the color challenge. Love the sentiment you used, too!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

What a darling card, it caught my eye right away. I have this same dp too! Nicely done!

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh its so cute! nailed the challenge...know what you mean about changing, removing, etc...sometimes a card takes "for-ever" LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails