Sunday, January 3, 2010

S.W.A.K.

Well I bought myself one of the new cricut cartridges that just came out called Love Struck. Its a solutions cartridge so it has minimal images on it but it has some really great images on it. I couldn't wait to try it out and when I saw the layout of this card I had my inspiration for my Valentine card.

The card base is SU black embossed with the cuttlebug D'vine Swirl folder. I then cut a piece of SU real red and embossed it with the Swiss Dots in the cuttlebug. I love using the Martha Stewart heart border punch on my Valentine cards, so you've probably been seeing it a lot if you've been looking at my blog.
The scalloped square is a nestabilities die, also cut out in real red.  I cut the lips from the Love Struck cart.  I even broke out some of my gazillion alpha stickers and added the SWAK on.

Thanks for taking a look and I love reading all your comments.

17 comments:

Anne said...

Great card, love the contrast of the border punch onto the red :)

Micki Switzer said...

Carrie... I love those big lips. Also, love that heart punch which might soon get added to my collection...:)

laos348 said...

Fun card and great layout!

jimlynn said...

Precious card! Love the lips.
Also really like that MS heart punch. I probably NEED one of those, right! Cute card and layout.

Karin said...

Great valentine! Love those lips!

NancyK said...

This is such an awesome card! It would be so great for valentines day - my dh would love it!

Stacey Schafer said...

very cute!

Kathy said...

Fun Valentine. I must check out that new cartridge.

Annie said...

What a great card!!! I love all those textures and colors.
And it sounds like this cartridge is pretty awesome. I'll need to get me one of those :)

Suzanne said...

Really FUN! I love it!

lcamacho said...

cute valentine card!

Sarah said...

This is so cute! I love how you use all the different punches & folders together!

My lifes inky escape and more said...

Very cute! I love the colors with all the texture...and those lips...too cute!

Kellie said...

This is such a fun card. Love it.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I almost bought that cartridge...but behaved.......What a fun card! I love the layout and the heart punch!

Loretta Rodger said...

Stopping by to give some glitterbee love, love the card, very nicely done!

Karen Howard said...

LOVE this card! Those lips are really HOT! My favorite color combination too... black, red and white! Lovely embossing too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails