Saturday, January 30, 2010

Teacher Appreciation

There are so many great cuts on A Child's Year cartridge for every kind of occasion.  The card was inspired all from the apple. I wanted to do something with that image and what better than a thank you for a teacher.  I mistakenly cut the girl image out instead of the boy so I will have to make a duplicate of this for my son to give his preschool teacher at the end of the year.

The base is just white cs, next layer is red by the paper company, I then took the dp from DCWV summer mat stack and layered it on misc blue, the same blue I used for the scalloped edge. It doesn't show in the photo but this panel is raised with pop dots.
 I cut the apple image out at 3 in. once on reg cut, then on tag, then on shadow.  This is also adhered with pop dots.  I then stamped the curly label in real red with thank you from warm words I think or short and sweet SU.  Oh I also used the photo corner punch SU, stickles lime green, the scalloped edge punch SU, Satin ribbon.       Thanks for stopping by....hope you have a great day.

I've added to my project list and separated out the cricut carts I've used on different projects so things will be easier to find and you don't have to look through all the cricut projects if you're looking for one specific cartridge.  Also my goal is to take one month and explore one cartridge seeing how many projects I can create from it. I'm going to start with A child's year since I have several cards made with it already so look for more posts using this cart in the future.

12 comments:

jimlynn said...

This is so cute! And what a great card for the teacher. Just wonderful.

Karen Howard said...

Super cute card... and I'm sure your sons teacher will love it!!!

lcamacho said...

this is a very cute card for a teacher.TFS

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely card! I think any teacher would love it!

Sew-Ink said...

Very cute! Love the layout.

Natalie Michaud-Lee said...

As a teacher I would totally love that!! It doesnt̕ have to wait till the end of the year either!

The Mama Monkey said...

Love the colors you used! Too bad you could not just have cut off that ponytail to make her a boy, huh?! :)

Lesley said...

Great teacher card, nice job!

Alissa said...

Great card again Carrie. You always come up with the best layouts.

Paige said...

Great card, such a fun idea!

Annie said...

Carrie, this is absolutely AWESOME!!!

Karli said...

I love a Child's Year cart. It's one of my all-time fav's. Love that image for a teacher's card. Great card :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails