Friday, January 15, 2010

Upsy Daisy Birthday


I hosted my last card swap for my card swappers group on Facebook this month. I decided to close that group down and focus on my blog and start challenges from here. So in honor of my birthday this month...more about that at a later date...I decided the theme would be birthday, who doesn't need a stash of birthday cards on hand.  Well I did my cards in advance then ended up with more people playing than I expected, so I needed more cards. Well bad news, I was out of the papers I used on the other one so here is the second version of my swap.

This card also qualifies for StampinGHMom's challenge of What can you create Wednesday where you don't use a sketch, color combo etc.

I am loving the SU Upsy Daisy set, don't know what took me so long in ordering it.  It makes such easy cards.  I used up some K&Co paper this time for the dp. The card base is SU old olive. I stamped the daisies and sentiment in regal rose and added a little diamond stickles to the tips of the flowers.  I also added a strip of SU river rock embossed with my Finial Press.

16 comments:

Sarah said...

This is very pretty Carrie. I love that dp. You're right this set is so nice for easy yet beautiful cards.

Cheryl said...

Very lovely!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my, you used one of my all-time favorite sets. Beautiful card. Your layout is perfect with this image.

Payne Holler Cards said...

same here - this set is a must-have! beautiful card! love that dp and colors!!! TFS

Kathy said...

Just beautiful. This card is so soft and pretty.

Crafty Creations said...

Terrific! I love that stamp! It does make for quick card making!!
Maria

Jacqueline said...

I too love the Upsy Daisy set! Your card looks great, and I love that added touch of embossing! ~Jacqueline @ Scraps of Life

Anne said...

Wat a beautiful card. So when's your birthday? Mine is 22nd, a week today :)

Micki Switzer said...

I would call this card elegant casual. It's just beautiful. Gotta take another look at that SU stamp.

jimlynn said...

So pretty! I also love the Upsy Daisy image. Very nice.

Annie said...

I do agree with you Carrie about this stamp - it's so pretty and I think it's very versitile.
And good for you celebrating birthday month (instead of birthday day) :)

Vicki said...

Carrie, this is stunning! Just beautiful! The box you saw on my blog is a template. If you would like to have it, just email me and I will send it to you! Thanks for visiting and commenting!! Blessings to you!

Kellie said...

Love the stamp. I just might get it out and actually use it. The card turned out wonderful and I love the colors.

Kat said...

This is so pretty! TFS!

Sandi said...

Wow! Another pretty card! Love it!

"LZ" Linda Z. said...

Terrific colors! I absolutely love this set. So girly!!! Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails