Sunday, January 10, 2010

Vintage Owl

I made this card a few months ago and it is one of my favorite cricut cards. I used the Storybook cartridge for most of the elements on the card.  The base is DCWV textured cardstock, layered with another DCWV brown cardstock. I had some left over Wild Asparagus patterned paper which really was the color inspiration for this card.  For the brown borders at the bottom I used the SU eyelet border punch. The large circles were cut out with Spellbinders circles and scallops.  The owl was cut twice with the cricut once on reg and then on shadow. I inked the top layer of the owl with vintage photo ink. I then cut several leaves or branches from the same cartridge to add to the opposite side. The flowers are primas with copper brads added to the center and the sentiment comes from TAC tag tidbits set.

18 comments:

Karen Howard said...

Carrie, this is a really beautiful card! I love the owl and leaves you die cut! The layout is fabulous too!!!

Anne said...

Carrie this is just lovely! Those branches are grgeous and this is a great card

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a great card- I have a couple of cartridges, but have never used them for a card.....i need a support group!

Lisa M. said...

Super cool owl....lovely card! :)

lcamacho said...

what a beautiful card.love everything about it.i wish i had a cricut.

Wife2TJ said...

very pretty! love the colors :-)

~JulieH~ said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the design and the colours are gorgeous. you have a wonderful blog
Juliex

Loretta Rodger said...

Really love the soft muted browns with this card. It just makes the card come together beautifully!

Kazzy73 said...

LOve love love this card love the colours and especially love the owl...I need this cart x x x
Karen

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

Beautiful! I love the colors you used and that owl just tops it all! Love it!

Becky said...

This is just lovely, I am loving the flowers and how you put pearls in the center, such an elegant feel.

Elisabeth said...

What an adorable card, I just love it!

Kathy said...

This is great. I love owls and this color scheme is fabulous. I never get my cricut out, you are inspiring me to dust it off!

Sara and Co said...

What a great card! The layout is terrific and I really love your choice of colors! I can see why it's a favorite!

jimlynn said...

Everything about this is gorgeous!

Annie said...

on my goodness, this card and your owl are fab!!!!

Karli said...

Great card! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE storybook! Such a great cart & the fonts are THE MOST beautiful PC has come out with. TFS!

Tami said...

I really like this card:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails