Sunday, February 21, 2010

Anything But A Square

Wow what fun this challenge was. I made this card for the Glitterbee Blog group..Thanks Vicki for this awesome challenge.  You can find the details HERE.  We were to make a card in any shape except a square. I have been wanting to use this cut from A Childs Year cart for quite some time and here was my chance.  I think I'm going to have to make a few more of these darling little tea cups.
Here's how it was done...The cup is ACY cut at 4 1/2 x's 3. I cut the dp which is extremely thin so I cut another one for inside to give it some weight and then a 3rd time so I could cut the saucer off.  The swirls are from Home Decor and I had no idea they would cut as big as they did on the 2 inch setting.  The flower is old from my stash, I think its a prima and the sentiment is from Hero Arts. I was looking for a tea reference for my sentiment but couldn't find anything so I thought this would work too. Thanks for stopping by, hope you had a great weekend, I know I have.

18 comments:

Micki Switzer said...

I love the feeling of this card...the relaxed friendly feminine feeling. The flourishes are excellent...I bet they were a challenge to work with.. Beautiful creating for the Challenge, Carrie.

lcamacho said...

WOW! what a cute tea cup card.There is no way to get the pattern of the tea cup?

Vicki said...

Wow, Carrie, you did an awesome job with the challenge! Love Love this card! One of my all time favorite shapes! Beautiful! Blessings to you!

Corie said...

WOW this is fabulous!!

Kathy said...

I love this card, I really must get that cart. You really made this so pretty and feminine. It would make a great invite for a party, too. Love how you tackled this challenge!

Annie said...

my goodness, Carrie! This is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! Everything is just perfect!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh, this is wonderful! i just love this idea, and think there will be a CASE of this!!! TFS

Payne Holler Cards said...

now this is just TOOOO cute! how clever! love the colors, details..it is just wonderful!!!
TFS

My lifes inky escape and more said...

Beautiful Carrie!!

The Mama Monkey said...

This is amazing Carrie!!! Wow!

Karen Howard said...

This tea cup card is really adorable! Very creative too!!!

Anne said...

Oh wow, this is just amazing! Such a lovely cuppa and all those fab details too

Loretta Rodger said...

This is really beautiful. What a neat challenge to be part of! Wonderful job with this project!

Karli said...

beautiful!!! I was JUST looking at this image yesterday & thought I needed to play with it & here you've played with it already! :) love, love love all the details! Great job with the challenge!

Becki B said...

I love this! The colors especially!! TFS!!

Khara said...

Carrie, this Tea Pot card is fabulous! Luv the colors, lacey border and flourishes with the flower. So very elegant!!!
TFS

Connie said...

This is wonderful Carrie. I just love your teacup. So devine.

Ladybug said...

This is simply adorable, as is your blog. I'm now a follower! Looking forward to checking it out some more.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails