Monday, February 22, 2010

Black, White and Red all over

One last card for the Stamps R Us blog challenge this month. You can find the details HERE and please feel free to play along, we'd love to have you participate.  You still have a few days before it closes.

This card was made with the same dp from a christmas stack that I used earlier this month. I also got to play around with my new 2 step bird punch and modern label punch from SU.  I'm not sure how well it shows but the black layer has some Verve flowers stamped in black with rhinestones put in the center. Simple card to do.  Oh and the nesties I used on here are Labels two.  Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you check out our challenge.

11 comments:

Micki Switzer said...

Do you find that the modern label punch very useful, Carrie?? I have been toying with idea of ordering those kind of Stampin Up punches...that one and the word label(?) punch... What do you think of it??
My comment for your card is Bold and beautiful...

Annie said...

Carrie, this is darling!!! I really like your layout and all the details (especially bird and branches). Very cool!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love this layout! havent gotten the new punch yet...love how you did this! just pops right out of your blog! you are so talented, GF!

My lifes inky escape and more said...

I love this Carrie! I've been contemplating getting this die and the more I see it used the more I want it!

Hugs
Renee

Kathy said...

Elegant and beautiful. I really like this color combo, really pops, what a great card.

jimlynn said...

So pretty! Love your little "red-winged blackbird!"

Kellie said...

Love the colors and the bird. I'll still have not got my card done but its on the list.

Karen Howard said...

Beautiful card! I love how you made the bird two tones with the red wing! Thanks for sharing so many wonderful cards this month for your color challenge! I made some cards this past weekend with black and white but instead of red using fusia pink! Will post them soon, thanks for the inspiration!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this card!!! Fantastic- Mine is on my desk- still to be completed.

Anne said...

This is just beautiful, love that bird!

Mary G. said...

Love this card! Great color combination! I love my modern label punch and use it quite often.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails