Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cased Birthday

I'm casing my best friend Sarah. She sent me the cutest cards for a swap I hosted using this sketch and stamp set. Gosh I couldn't tell you the last time I broke out Lexicon of Love, I think it was actually dusty. LOL  Anyway I LOVED her card so much that I told her I was casing her and posting it on here and so here it is. 

I always shyed away from this sketch because I didn't have a circle cutter big enough till she told me she used her George cart with her cricut and cut a 5 in. circle...well how clever is she. So I broke out George and away I went.  The dp paper is from the Fall DCWV stack. The base is DCWV textured cs. I embossed the more mustard layer with spots and dots through the cuttlebug.  As I mentioned earlier the circle was cut at 5 inches then in half.  I made the star from the George cart too cut at 2 inches reg cut and shadow cut. I stamped celebrate with tempting turqoise.  Thanks Sarah for inspiring me.  Hope you enjoyed this card, have a wonderful day.

13 comments:

Micki Switzer said...

I don't have George and Basic Shapes cart...I'm beginning to think it is a must have... I love all the textures and layering on this card, Carrie....and such a great color combo!!! This one makes me happy!

Sarah said...

Oh Carrie I'm so glad you liked it! You did an excellent "case" I LOVE the colors you used, so cheerful! I can't remember for the life of me where I got the sketch but I am so in love with it that it's ridiculous! I've used it for every type of card from birthdays to Valentine's you name it! LOL Thanks for the wonderful compliments. Hugs!

My lifes inky escape and more said...

Carrie this is do darn cute! I love your color choices and all the texture.....adorable!

Renee

Gina said...

Very nice card. I just love all the dots. I have a Cricut too and rarely think to use it with my cards, or for basic shapes. Thanks for passing along that tip about making circles!

Kathy said...

This is a wonderful sketch that you cased from your friend. Love the colors you used, so cheerful. Really fun card.

The Mama Monkey said...

I know, that Cricut is wonderful isn't it? I recently used it to make big 12" backgrounds for scrapbooking! It will cut a huge scallop circle...regular one...plus that center cut feature is great, too!

Awesome CASE of the card! I love your colors, although now I am sad I "cannot" buy that DCWV paper pack! I must be good...I must be good...I must be good!

Annie said...

Goodness, this is AWESOME!!!!! I love it - great colors, layout and texture. Totally awesome :)

Anne said...

This is lovely Carrie, perfect colours and layout, makes a good man card too

Micki Switzer said...

Ms. Carrie, I left you a message on SCS email.....hehehehe

Karen Howard said...

Beautiful card, love the colors... they are so bright and fun! Puts a smile on my face!!!

Alissa said...

I love the way this card came out - especially the sentiment.

Payne Holler Cards said...

love this card! what a wonderful sketch - would be perfect for a GlitterBee challenge! I dont have a Cricut ...but will be attempting to case your card! thanks to Sarah and you for a new fun layout!!!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

lovely card.. those colors are super!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails