Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cupcake Anyone?


Well here is my 3rd submission for the Verve Challenges this month, you can find them at Splitcoaststampers. I had a  really hard time with this one. First the layout and then the ribbon. Ribbon is not my thing, oh I buy it and it sits here but I don't use it very often at all. To top it off I made this a 5x5 card something I rarely if ever do.

My color inspiration came from the first dining room in the challenge which had pink walls and a wood floor...so pink and brown. I love that color combo. The papers are a combo of SU and DCWV.  The stamps are by Verve called Cupcake Affair.  I'm having a Verve affair...that's what I'm doing LOL.  I used my bic mark its to color in the flowers...haven't broke down yet to buy copics. I figure I should master regular markers first.  Thanks for taking a peek today, have yourself a cupcake they really do make everything better :)

8 comments:

Annie said...

Carrie, this is so pretty!!! I love-love your pink and brown combo :) Looks soooo yummy!!!

jimlynn said...

Carrie, I think it's great! Looks good enough to eat.

Amanda said...

Chocolate always makes my day better!

Love it my fav color combo.

Sarah said...

Mmmmm I love cupcakes! This is so cute! Pink & brown is one of my favorite combos

lcamacho said...

Hello Carrie,beautiful card and yea cupcakes are the best.I also wanted to thank you for the valentine card.It's so cute.

Patty (LaLatty) said...

What a yummy card! I love pink and brown together, it makes such a wonderful color combo.

Sara and Co said...

Delish, Carrie! I love your colors and textures, too! Good enough to EAT! ;)

Anne said...

yummy cake and colour combo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails