Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Friend

I've been playing in the Verve challenges on SCS. They post a new one once a week, you have a sketch to follow and an inspiration piece to use. You can find the challenges HERE.

I chose the second dining room as my inspiration and used the plates on the shelves as my color combo.  I love how this card turned out. I love the sketch and the monochromatic look to this card. I used one of my new Verve sets called Because of You, great set for cards for Mom, Friend, or any special female in your life. I'll definitely be using this set a lot.

The card base is night of navy SU and the ink is the same. The paper is DCWV old old old DCWV. lol  I am loving my new modern label punch from SU. I also used the finial press folder on the white panel.

Thanks for stopping by today, we are bracing for 6-12 more inches of snow on top of what we already have. My guess is the kids won't make it to school all week, the roads are still a mess.

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh that is gorgeous! Of course purple is my favorite color so maybe I'm biased. LOL We're in for some snow too but not quite as much as you. I think we're expecting about 6 in. Blah!

Mary G. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Lisa said...

So elegant...every aspect!! Love it, Carrie! (would look good in pink too..lol)

jimlynn said...

I love how it turned out too!! Just beautiful.

Tami said...

I really like the layout of this card. Great job;)

Kathy said...

So beautiful and elegant, I love those Verve challenges, too.

Karen Howard said...

Beautiful card, Carrie! And if I'm not mistaken, another gorgeous card that meets this months sketch challenge!!!

Connie said...

Very striking with navy color. Just so pretty Carrie, love the embossing.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous card- perfect DSP that works together beautifully! I love the layout too. TFS

My lifes inky escape and more said...

This is gorgeous Carrie!

Annie said...

OMG, so I'm so totally crazy for blue and I of course LOVE LOVE LOVE your card!My gosh, your DP and texture are awesome!

Anne said...

What a stunning, elegant card!

Kittykat said...

This is beautiful!!!! So elegant!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails