Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Garden Whimsy


I'm all about the spring cards now. Flowers, butterflies, bugs anything that screams spring is right up my alley.  I created this yesterday for 2 challenges...first Mojo126, super fantastic layout...you can find a link to the mojo site bottom right hand side of this page....second for the color challenge on Splitcoast.  I do not like the in colors this year. I bought a sample pack of them and the makers and I just can not get into them but I do love the color combo for this challenge. You were to use the 2 plums...pale and perfect and soft suede...I used the soft suede and while I love the finished product of this card I think I'm going to substitute close to cocoa for the suede.  I dusted off my garden whimsy set that just does not see enough love...I don't think I've used it but twice. Back to the sketch for a moment...did I mention I loved it...I will definitely be using this sketch in the future super versatile and you can use multiple images with it on one card...there's a plus.  Thanks for looking and listening to my ramblings. Off to make some more of these cards...well at least a couple more to have on hand...like I don't have a big enough stash...no need to comment on that Sarah LOL ;)

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Maybe the more spring cards you make the sooner it will get here. We can only hope right? Very pretty card. Ok, no comment on the stash. I'll behave. ;-)

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, I love this Carrie! I never use that set either. LOL Great inspiration to do so!! Hey, I think if we all start just doing Spring cards, Mother Nature should get the hint, right? :)

Margie said...

You used the colors in such a wonderful way... the card is beautiful!!!

Tracey Parrott said...

love your colors and this stamp set...such a great job

Lisa said...

Love this card, Carrie! And since case'ing is the sincerest form of flattery..... ;)

Payne Holler Cards said...

love this card and that set is a fav! so glad to hear someone else isnt crazy over the new in-colors... lovin your layout also!
i really need to try and do some SCS challenges - this one is a beaut !!!
come on Spring (-:

Annie said...

what an absolutely darling card!!!

lcamacho said...

I havent went to check out the mojo sketch,looks like a fun one.your card is beautiful!Love the color combo,and the stamps.C'mon spring.Cant wait no longer

jimlynn said...

So very pretty, Carrie. Love those colors. (Also, thanks for the "V" card - Precious!!!)

Micki Switzer said...

Carrie, that is a beautiful card..I really like the snail and the different color combinations. Very Nice.

Anne said...

very sophisticated colours, love the idea that spring is coming Carrie :)

Karen Howard said...

Carrie, I love this card!!! Beautiful colors... I've been wanting to play with purples lately and will have to do so! I have this stamp set and don't think I've put it together yet! Thanks for the inspiration.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this card- I love the stamps and love the snail....Great colors- come on spring!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails