Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Simple Hello


Here comes the sun doo doo doo doo Here comes the sun and I say its alright... this card just exudes sunshine for me.  Matter of fact the whole time I was making this card the song Here Comes the Sun kept playing through my head. Well I can keep wishing and hoping anyway... especially since they're calling for more snow starting tomorrow through the weekend

So this card is super simple, no stamping, just some fabulous dp, a silk flower and the cricut.  Who knew all the phrases Wild Card had on it...I sure didn't. I think I've used that cart once.  I needed the phrase hello for this project, I could have cut it from my George or any other font cart but I wanted it together and there it was on Wild Card cart. I'll need to look further into that cartridge to see what else I've missed on it.  Anyway the whole card is DCWV..base, dp (citrus stack). The hello panel is scraps. I cut hello out at 3 in I believe and the silk flower was found on clearance at Joanns. I threw the packaging away so I don't know the brand name.  Hope you enjoy it and hope it brought a little sunshine into your day.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Such a cheerful card Carrie, if only it would tempt the sun out from wherever it's hiding:)

Sarah said...

We saw a glimpse of the sun yesterday! By the time you realized what it was it was gone. LOL This card is a beautiful replacement!

Micki Switzer said...

I hate to tell you Carrie that it has been sunny and hovering around 60 degrees here for about three days...but DH just told me it was snowing in Atlanta...so I think it's going down hill again...But your card and song brightened the day!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

well now I'm hummin that tune LOL!!!
no sun here :(
hope this next storm misses you!
so enjoy seeing what you do with the Cricut...that's a purchase I havent made...yet !!

The Mama Monkey said...

Thanks for leaving that song in my head, Carrie! LOL :) I love that paper you used! Glittery...bright...what more could a girl ask for?

Carla aka scrappypug said...

what a lovely card... love the colors.

Gina said...

I think that is my favorite paper ever!! I think I am out of that pattern too. I know I don't use my cartridges to their full potential either. Great card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails