Friday, February 26, 2010

Thank You Friend

Here is my final card for this month's Verve challenges over at SCS. I was unsure how I liked the finished product of this card but as I kept walking away and coming back to it it really started to grow on me and now I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.
I made a few changes to the sketch they offered for this...where the flower spray is there is supposed to be a big bow with ribbon, I just didn't want to wrestle with ribbon so improvised and where the friend tag is there was supposed to be 3 embellishments so hopefully these changes were ok. I love this sketch, can't wait to use it again. I have a ton of word sets that would make great cards using this sketch.

On to the products...base is close to cocoa SU embossed with victoria folder, the dp is uknown, used perfect plum with bella toile for the one panel stamped in versamark, ink is perfect plum SU, the stamps are by Verve Because of You set....can't wait to see the new release.  Thanks for looking and I love and appreciate all the comments you leave, they really make my day.

12 comments:

Sherri said...

Abosolutely stunning and elegant card. The embossing is wonderful!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card! Love everything about it!

Micki Switzer said...

That's such a unique color combo..I really like it. I love the half scallop circle that looks like the sun coming up over the flowers. Very pretty card.

Karli said...

close to cocoa & perfect plum???- get out! what a knockout color combo! Beautiful card Carrie :)

Karen Howard said...

It seems everyone is using purple tones these days! Going to have to see if I even have any! Carrie, another gorgeous card!

lcamacho said...

WOW!I love the layout and the colors.Stamp set is perfect.

Annie said...

awww, Carrie! This is gorgeous!!!! I just love your layout and agree with Micki about the half circle looking like a rising sun.
Such a great unique color combo!!!

Anne said...

So elegant and lovely Carrie

Carla aka scrappypug said...

What a beautiful card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous- beautiful layout!!! TFS

Scrapping Cat said...

This card is nothing short of stunning!!! Love everything about it!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh Carrie - this is so elegant! love the colors, layout, everything! just stunning GF!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails