Saturday, February 20, 2010

Vintage Love Letter

Here is my attempt at a vintage style card. I wanted to do something with the cricut for this one and I am wishing I had the Heritage cartridge....one day I'll find it...anyway I settled on the heart from the Love Struck cartridge. I wish I would have had a piece of lace to add to this.

Here's my supplies... base is perfect plum SU, the dp is from once upon a time stack DCWV.  I took the french script bg stamp, stamped it in perfect plum on vanilla card stock the tore the edges till it was the size I needed. I then rubbed it with tea dye ink from Tim Holtz to age it.  I tied some embroidery thread around it. The heart was cut out at 3 in once in vanilla then in shadow for the plum. I inked the vanilla layer same as the script bg and adhered with pop dots. The silk flowers are from who knows where, have had them forever.  Oh and the border punch is MS. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and have a look.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

This is beautiful. You do vintage very well!

Karen Howard said...

Gorgeous card... and I love the purples you used! I get all my cricut cartridges online at www.customcrops.com. They have the Heritage Cartridge for $31 on sale right now!

My lifes inky escape and more said...

Carrie this is gorgeous! I love the colors....so pretty!

Oh and about my bra card that didn't happen...well, the colors just didn't flow and I didn't want to throw the whole thing away so I had to come up with something that went with red and brown and viola! My card was finished in about 5 minutes! On top of that I was food deprived (weight watchers) and shaky from caffeine. It worked though so I won't complain!

Loretta Rodger said...

Wow, this is so very pretty. Love the attention to details!

Payne Holler Cards said...

you did vintage beautifully! love these colors...I dont have a Cricut but checked Ebay and there are several Heritage cartridges available - dont know if they are what you are looking for or not..

Micki Switzer said...

I think you do vintage very well, Carrie. This is a beautiful card...love the heart overlay.

lcamacho said...

WOW!! Beautiful vintage card

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card- you sure achieved the Vintage look! TFS

Anne said...

What an elegant vinatge card Carrie, that heart is so delicate and a lovely colourscheme that you've chosen too

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails