Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Anti Card Challenge 1 Bookmark

I have a friend starting a new challenge over at Splitcoaststampers called the Anti Card Challenge. Basically she wants to see other paper crafting projects besides cards. I thought this would be fun and challenging for me.  For the first challenge we were supposed to create a bookmark for a 10yr old girl. I picked the pattern paper I wanted to use first and made my bookmark from there.

Since I only have a son I don't really have many stamp sets for young girls besides some bellas and after coming up empty handed looking through that stash I thought the hot air balloons from Verve would be perfect.  I stamped the balloon in choc chip (su) on the white then again on the pattern (dcwv) and cut that one out adhereing to white layer with pop dots.  I popped the clouds up on dimensionals too.  I wanted to add the trees to the base instead of just having empty white space at the bottom and so I made it a seperate layer that also is popped with dimensionals. I love the way this turned out and can't wait to see the next challenge.

So hop on over to splitcoast and play along...you can find it HERE

9 comments:

laos348 said...

This came out awesome Carrie - thanks so much for playing along!

Kathy said...

Love this bookmark, it's so sweet. The trees really ground the whole thing.

Carla aka scrappypug said...

what a cute bookmark! Love the balloon!

Karen Howard said...

This is really cute, Carrie!

jimlynn said...

Carrie, this is so cute - and useful!

Anne said...

What a clever challenge, it's always tricky to come up with something other than a card :). Your bookmark is beautiful and I love the balloon stamp, perfect :)

Stampin'GHmom said...

Oh, I think this is too cute. I think it's perfect for the challenge. Thanks for sharing!

My lifes inky escape and more said...

Very cute Carrie I love it!

Micki Switzer said...

There's my favorite stamp coming out to play again. Perfect patterned paper for the balloon. Really cute bookmark...and that was a hard challenge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails