Sunday, March 21, 2010

Feelin' Froggy

Picked up the Sweethearts cart for cricut a month ago and it has some great images on there, more than just for love. I knew when I saw this little frog I would use it right away.

I was so happy with the way this card turned out until I saw my crooked polka dots. I can't believe they slant downward, see that's what happens when you're folding a circle to cut in half and not paying attention to the pattern on the other side....ugh!!!! And did I have another sheet of red polka dots so I could redo this...nooooo  So I guess whoever gets this card maybe won't  notice or will think I was a little tipsy when putting it together or maybe the frog will just be so darn cute and they'll be so happy to be receiving a handmade card they won't care the polka dots slant to the right and will love it anyway...ok MOM I think you're getting this card LOL.  You know she loves her daughter imperfections and all.
The idea for this sketch came from my blogging friend Karen and this fantastic CARD she did. The little flowers are a ek success punch, the sentiment is SU and papers DCWV.  Hope you enjoyed little froggy here...have a sunshiney kind of day

14 comments:

Scrapping Cat said...

I love this card...I didn't even notice the dots until I read your post...so you may be in luck with whoever you end up giving it to. :)

Sarah said...

Too cute! Slanted polka dots & all. LOL

jimlynn said...

Oh, Carrie.....I didn't even see the crooked polka dots until you pointed them out! I think it's wonderful just like it is. So cute.

Anne said...

This is so sweet Carrie, dots are natural and not meant to be geometric - or at least I think so:)

Mary G. said...

LOVE this card!! Nope, I hadn't noticed the dots,either, until you mentioned it! :)

Micki Switzer said...

You're "unfrogettable" too, Carrie. Absolutely love that sentiment with this frog. I've been into animal cards lately too...They really have caught my eye.

Kathy said...

Didn't even notice the dots Carrie. That frog is so darn cute, no one will be noticing a few crooked polka dots!

Payne Holler Cards said...

this little frog grabs all the attention - and dots are supposed to be all over the place!!!! I didnt notice either...too funny how we are our worst critics!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

too cute. I am always doing stuff like that with the polka dots... usually dont notice until I post it on my blog lol.. but really its cute and who says everything has to be straight anyway!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- so you made the frog with a Cricut??? I love the layout- fun, fun, fun!!!

Becki B said...

This is so stinking cute Carrie!!! I didn't notice the dots til you said something then I went back and looked. Love, love, love it.!!!

The Mama Monkey said...

LOL I did not even notice the dots until you said something! It is just whimsical like the froggy! :) Darling card!

Tami said...

This is really cute. Love the colors

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Oh, would my daughter ever love this card- she's crazy about frogs. Wonderful card- I didn't even notice your polka dots, I think they are perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails