Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy Easter

I love making spring cards, it just gets me in the mood for warm weather, the budding trees and spring flowers.  Summer by the Sea from SU couldn't be anymore versatile and was perfect for this Easter card. I have used this set for everything from anniversary, thinking of you, mother's day, you name it.  Its what I would consider a classic and even though its retired if you don't have this set and can find someone selling it, pick it up...you won't go wrong with it. 

So I'm trying out several different Easter card styles this year and I have to say so far this is my favorite! I just love how the card turned out, the soft yellows and greens with the crisp white. I even added a little cricut embellishment. The embossing is petals a plenty folder from SU on celery, the center layer is K and Company flocked cardstock. I picked this cs up years ago on clearance at Joanns, see I knew it would be useful someday. lol  The little duck was cut from A Child's Year cart. I'm still working on making cards from that cartridge, love all the images. I colored the little girl with SU markers.  The punches are also SU and the ovals are nesties. Thanks for looking today and may your day have rays of sunshine.

12 comments:

Karen Howard said...

Wow, Carrie, this is gorgeous! LOVE the background layers and the color combination is perfect!

Karli said...

I agree, I love the spring-y colors you used for this beautiful card. I also like all the texture. Beautiful coloring too :) Big hugs!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful image, beautiful colors and just a beautiful card. So pretty and just perfect for Easter.

Mary G. said...

Carrie, this is beautiful! I love the colors you used! I have this set and rarely use it- I think I might have to CASE this card! TFS!

Connie said...

What a cute Easter card. The different embossing looks great. Love the yellow bird that pops out.

Sarah said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm with you, this set is a must have. This is so refreshing & makes me even more ready for spring!

scrappinlil said...

Very pretty card...love the image and the duck on the bottom so cute..TFS

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the layout and the colors you used- I love the image for an Easter card! Wonderful card!

Kathy said...

Love this color combo, a breath of spring air. Everything about this is beautiful. The embossing really adds nice texture. One of the prettiest Easter/spring cards I've seen. I agree, this is a great set. I'll never part with mine!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

What a wonderful card, I never would have thougth to use this image for an Easter card, great idea!

Anne said...

So beautiful! Love the image, the colours, the embossing, great card

Amanda said...

Love all the texture on this card! Color combo is great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails