Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Kind Word

Here is my attempt at the Stamps R Us challenge this month. The challenge is distressing. I'm not exactly sure how well its going to show in the photo but the edges of the image and the edges of the dp are distressed with the edge of a pair of scissors.  You can find the challenge HERE, feel free to play along and you have plenty of time left.

I think this image from SU A Kind Word is just the sweetest thing. I've only played around with this set a couple times but I know it will become one of my favorites. The base of this card is SU Olive. The dp is from the DCWV Mariposa stack. The layer behind the image is blue bayou..oh SU won't you please bring this color back...do you think they heard me? I'm almost out of this color and I don't know what I'll do when its gone (insert tear here)  I colored the image with SU markers and popped the sentiment up on pop dots. Short and sweet for today, hope you enjoyed this card. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by

17 comments:

Micki Switzer said...

You know I have to be the first to comment on a card with a kitty. Love the image. You did a great job with matching the colors to the feeling of the card. Love it! Meow!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

How cute! I have never seen blue bayou in person but I got a package coming my way from a swap... if I remember I will share! Just remind me because i am rather forgetful!

Annie said...

awww, darling!!!! I agree with Micki - you did an awesome job matching the colors. Great card!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

your distressing shows - so cute!!! and I am so with you on Blue Bayou (I have some stashed if you run out - will share)...

have something for you over on my blog {{{hugs}}}

jimlynn said...

I see the distressing just fine and think your card is wonderful! Such a cute image too. Love it.

My lifes inky escape and more said...

Very cute and girly Carrie....I love it!

lcamacho said...

very cute card,and i see the distressing on your paper.

Karen Howard said...

Beautiful card and the distressing is wonderful!

Tami said...

This is really cute. I tried the distressing didn't work for me. Great job and love the image.

Kathy said...

Such a pretty feminine card Carrie. This image and dsp are perfect with the distressed edges. A real beauty!

Vicki said...

Wonderful card, Carrie! Love the nostalgic touches! And such a cute image! Great job with the challenge! Blessings to you!

Loretta Rodger said...

This is truly a whimsical pretty card. You did a great job with color selection, layout and construction of the card!

Glitterbee hugs!

Vicki said...

Hi Carrie! Be sure to check out my latest post! Your name came up! Tee hee!

Connie said...

So sweet! Love the border punch and the cute image.

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just delightful- I love the distressing! TFS

Patty (LaLatty) said...

I agree, this is such a sweet image. Great distressing too. I still have to make my card for the challenge, but I'm really not that good at distressing- so this is a real challenge for me.

Anne said...

Such a sweet image and lovely colours

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails