Monday, March 8, 2010

MOJO 129 Flight of the Butterfly

Here's my card for today's MOJO sketch. I haven't felt like creating a card for a few days besides that I've been so busy I haven't had time so it was nice to get the creativity flowing again. 

I  love this color combo and I got it from the butterfly paper I used on this card which came from the Mariposa DCWV stack. Gorgeous Gorgeous papers in there.  I mixed a lot of elements to create this, first using blue bayou as my base and embossing it with the SU elegant bouquet folder. Then I mixed several different stamp sets. The thought was to make the butterfly look like it was leaving a trail of flowers behind as it flew away but I think I needed to tilt the butterfly a little more.  Anyway the butterfly is from SU God's Beauty and the flower spray is from SU Messages for Mom. The Mother sentiment is from Verve, which fits perfectly inside the SU modern label punch. I think this will definitely be one of my Mother's Day cards this year.  Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek. I appreciate all the comments everyone has been leaving, they truly bring a smile to my face.  Thanks much to all my followers and friends for your support and encouragement.  Happy Day to all of you!

19 comments:

Khara said...

Your sentiment really adds a precious dimension to your card. Just luv everything about this!!!
TFS
khara

Butternut Sage Designs said...

Carrie this is beautiful. I love the color blend you have used too! I'd love for you to make a card for my contest tomorrow if you have a chance...think about it won't you! ~Donna

doris said...

Your card is beautiful!!

hugs
doris

doris said...

Your card is beautiful!!

hugs
doris

My lifes inky escape and more said...

Super cool Carrie! Love the colors!

Payne Holler Cards said...

gorgeousness!!! love that butterfly and those colors...I'm thinkin I need that label from SU (:
.....and that dp!

Annie said...

what a BEAUTIFUL card, Carrie! Love your layout

Micki Switzer said...

That butterfly and flower combination goes really well with that Mariposa paper. I have that in my stash and your right...it's gorgeous....I'm glad to see you use it so beautifully.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is gorgeous! Great color combo- perfect with the pretty stamps you used! TFS

Kathy said...

This is amazing. I adore this color combo you picked, this is a truly beautiful card.

terisplace said...

Hi Carrie!
Nice card. I love the color scheme you used for the butterfly. It's really pretty!
Two thumbs up for this beauty! :)

Teri
Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal

"LZ" Linda Z. said...

OOOOHhhh I love it!! Terrific colors, and I love butterflies!!!

Connie said...

Just stunning! Love the colors and the butterflies.

jimlynn said...

Just beautiful Carrie....but then I love all of your work!

Becki B said...

Love what you did with this!!! great colors and DP.

lcamacho said...

WOW!!! gorgeous card.I love the colors.The butterfly is beautiful

Amanda said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love the colors the paper and stamp are just perfect.

Tami said...

Love the colors and the image. Great job:)

Anne said...

Ooh I love butterflies and this card has such beautiful colours

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails