Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mother's Day Gift

I'm getting a jump start on Mother's day this year and when I saw the samples in the Occasions mini by SU I knew I wanted to recreate the note cards they made using the Vintage Vogue set. Well I don't have that sizzix die however I do have the same exact image on my Storybook cricut cart. I cut these little notes out at 5 1/2. Then again in olive so I could cut the bottom off and adhere to the white layer.  The scallop border is close to cocoa. Just a Note came from The Paper Company stamp set, I forget the name right now. The floral images are from SU Vintage Vogue...love this new set. I made 5 notes each and tied it with pretty ribbon. I'm also going to add a few little 3x3 note cards to go with this. I hope they like them.  Thanks for stopping by and may you have a wonderful day.  I think I should really get myself in gear for Easter.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I think they'll love them. What a great idea. These would make great teacher gifts too. Thanks for the inspiration, they're gorgeous!

Payne Holler Cards said...

these are perfect!!! I agree with Sarah, can think of several ways to use them...

were you able to find the Heritage cartridge you wanted?

Connie said...

What a lovely gift idea. Very nice.

Micki Switzer said...

I just love that shape. I'm suuuuure your "mothers" will love those cards... Great idea!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great idea for a card for Mom(S). I love all of the shapes we have available to us to play with at home!!! TFS

Annie said...

Carrie, what a great note cards. I love the shape!!!

Khara said...

Wow Carrie! These lil notes are incredibly creative! Luv your bundle idea, what a wonderful gift!!!
tfs
khara

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails