Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring Hat

Well here it is, the spring hat I had to make for my son to wear to preschool this month. It took a whole sunday afternoon to complete but I love the results and he's thrilled with it so that's all that matters. I have 4 pics of it front, sides and back and will tell you what carts I used for this. This is the front, the frog came from Sweethearts cart and the ferns from stretch your imagination. The grass cut all the way around the hat is from paper doll dress up.

Here's a pic of the side, grasshopper and ferns from Stretch your Imagination, stick behind bug from doodlecharms and the white flowers were a punch from SU.  All these pieces are sewn on and boy was that hard trying to get a needle through a hat.

This is the opposite side and the catipillar is from stretch your imagination along with the fern and stick from doodlecharms.

Final view...back side, dragonfly from doodlecharms. I then sewed the ivy to the top. Hope you enjoyed looking at this as much as I enjoy the finished project. Thanks for stopping by today.

18 comments:

Kathy said...

This is so stinking cute. I can just picture a little boy wearing this to preschool! He definitely will have the best hat in the class. You did a wonderful job!

Sarah said...

This turned out amazing! You did great job Carrie. He will definitely have the best hat!

Anne said...

Oh, wow, amazing Carrie! Good luck to him wearing it :)

jimlynn said...

Wow Carrie.....he's going to have so much fun wearing this precious hat!! So cute...and I bet all the other kiddos are going to want one too.

zopeloti said...

AWESOME! Can see a lot of work went into it. Not just making the card but desinging it.

"SNOWMANLOVER" said...

Wow these are great!!!

Micki Switzer said...

This IS stinkin' cute!!! He's gonna expect this every time now...What you gonna do when he gets to Kindergarden?...LOL

Annie said...

Carrie, this is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!

Connie said...

How cute is that Carrie. I love it.

Mary G. said...

Carrie, what a FUN-tastic project!! Great job! I LOVE it!

Payne Holler Cards said...

WOW WOW WOW! How cute is this!!! I can just see him wearing this with pride!!! This is toooo fantastic...LOVE it!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Outstanding! He will look darling in this- I hope you will show us a picture of him in it! I can only imagine how much all of the kids will have a great fun time wearing all of the creative hats at school!

Karen Howard said...

Carrie, this is SUPER CUTE!!! You really have a lot of detail in this but it turned out soooo well!

Loretta Rodger said...

Wow Carrie,

This is totally "outside" any box! I love the hat/planter idea, it is so adorable!

Glitterbee hugs!

Karli said...

How creative & crafty you are! I'm sure all the other kids will want to wear it too :) Adorable!

lcamacho said...

WOW!!this is so cute!I would love to wear that myself.TFS!

Khara said...

Now this is really, really a creation to be proud of Carrie! Luv your attention to detail and the awesome colors! YAY for Jason!!!
TFS
khara

terisplace said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Get out, Carrie! That is really cool! Was he super excited?

Teri
Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails