Wednesday, March 17, 2010

You're a Good Egg

I'm still trying to build up my Easter card stash so here is my attempt at casing a card from the SU catty. I loved the Easter card they did using this set and wanted to recreate it but I made the card standard A2 size instead of the smaller size like the catty. 
It turned out ok, I like the color combo on it. I'm not thrilled with the coloring of the chick, I used the SU marker on it and it just didn't cover well on this cheap vanilla paper I used...lesson learned there.  Please excuse the crumpled top that's my son trying to "help mommy" That's why he has his own supplies but sometimes those aren't good enough LOL.
Thanks for "peeping" in off for another attempt on an Easter creation

12 comments:

Mary G. said...

Such a cute card! I love that little chickie!!

Annie said...

what a cute little chickie :)

Kathy said...

His own supplies, hmm, your's always look better, at least that's the way it goes in my house, LOL. Love this little chickie, such a great Easter card, the cut out chick really adds dimension.

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Awwww what a darling Easter card. I've been busy trying to get a start on mine as well. I really like the stamp set you used, I'm trying to see if I can trade for it online.

Micki Switzer said...

Oh Mommy, that crumple adds character to the card..He was just trying to distress it for you....LOL

Karli said...

Cuuuuute :) I like your color combo too. Hugs!

The Mama Monkey said...

Tee Hee...well, your helper did a great job! I totally get that, BTW! I love the colors you used...very Easter and you know, I think the chick looks like it has dimension from the picture! Turned out great!

Loretta Rodger said...

EGG cellent
Glitterbee hugs!

jimlynn said...

Oh, Carrie, I think it came out great! Super card.

Vicki said...

Just too cute, Carrie! Blessings to you!

Anne said...

Adorable chicken! Lovely pastels very springlike

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun card- love the cut chick! Soft colors are so perfect- lovely Easter card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails