Monday, April 19, 2010

Beach Party Penguin


Aloha...

This card was made today for Verve's Beach Party Release challenge. I'm going to try to get all 5 cards done this week before friday, so keep your fingers crossed. You can find the info HERE

On to the card...doesn't it just make you long for a trip to the beach? I sure am.  The penguin image is a snag em stamp from Imaginisce. She's colored with bic markers. The palm tree is from Mindy's Zoo. I stamped it cut it out, colored it and popped it up with some dimensionals.  The sunset behind my images I did by rubbing some chalks on with a cotton ball and to give the sand a little dimension I added some platinum stickles. I love the way this card turned out.  Off to make the card for the second challenge.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooh, very cute! See, I knew you'd come up with something!

jimlynn said...

So cute, Carrie - and good luck on getting all those cards done - I know you can do it!!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

I LUV penquins! this one is toooo ca-ute! and yep, I sooo want to go to the beach! best wishes on getting all of them done (:

Micki Switzer said...

Aloha...ready for the beach too...Very, very cute job on the card...love the way you did the sand.

Vicki said...

OMGoodness, Carrie! This is just too cute! What a great use of the colors! And that penguin is a hoot! Great job! Blessings to you!

Annie said...

Aloha!
Super-super cute!!!! Love how you added swirly texture :) CUTE!!!!

I'm ready for vacation... so ready :)

Anne said...

LOL this is another fun penguin card and the torn edges to the embossed blue waves are great

Patty (LaLatty) said...

This image makes such cute cards, is sure does make me want to head on off the the beach. Cute cuttlebug waves and great backgound on you image panel.

Tami said...

I love the brayering and the faux sand.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Delightful card- I love everything about this card! I'll have to find it on SCS to favorite it.....!

Karen Howard said...

Super cute hoola penquin. Love how you raised up the palm tree to give the card some depth.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails