Monday, April 26, 2010

Father's Day


So do you think its too early to start on Father's day cards? Isn't this changito adorable? I was wasting some time at my local LSS the other day waiting for the mall to open and what did my wandering eyes find but this adorable set. The image and sentiment packaged together...woo hoo.  So of course couldn't pass it up. lol
The base is made with SU Navy, the green is SU Moss...oh so sad to see this color go :( and the strip of dp is DCWV summer stack. I stamped the image on watercolor paper...that is a first for me. Can you believe I've never used watercolor paper before? I know crazy.  Anyway I colored it with markers and then went over the image with a blender pen to lighten it a bit. I think it turned out ok for my first attempt. Will definitely have to work on it. 
Thanks for stopping by, I truly appreciate all your lovely comments.

17 comments:

Sarah said...

What a cute card. You did a great job with the coloring. If you're me it's never too early to start otherwise it won't get done! LOL Knowing how with it you are, I'm surprised you don't have Christmas cards already done! ;-)

The Mama Monkey said...

I hate it when things jump into my cart! :) This is darling Carrie!

Anne said...

Very sweet Carrie, great sentiment!

jimlynn said...

Oh so cute, Carrie....love the image and the sentiment - and your coloring is wonderful!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling- I love the stamps- your card is just darling! I should be inspired and have a card made before...the night before!!! TFS

Annie said...

You are so ahead of schedule and it is so awesome - you go girl! Love your card - it is so cute but so masculine too :)

Kathy said...

I adore this image. You colored him so well, too. Good for you getting ahead, it's never too early!

Amanda said...

Love this card! No it's never to early butter than late! Which if I don't get busy mine will be! lol

Love it and your coloring is great!

Karen Howard said...

Carrie, this is an adorable Father's Day card and it is never too early to start! We are actually finishing up our Father's Day cards for Operation Write Home May 15th which is hard for me because then all the fun product seems to come out.

rosiebudstamp said...

I love this image too...that's why I had bought it ....lol
....wanted to use for Kota's....
maybe next year........

Vicki said...

Awww, Carrie! How cute and how sweet! Blessings to you!

Loretta Rodger said...

Oh so very sweet! I love the sentiment!

Becki B said...

love the Changito stamps!! Those little changito's are such cute images!! Love the colors and I will miss mellow moss too!!!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Awe....love this image, it's sooo cute. I don't normally use watercolor paper either, but it really does make a differenct, great job!

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh I love this - perfect for the "day"...coloring is fab with the watercolor paper!

Just Me said...

I really like the Father's Day cards, especially the one with the monkey and the one with the owls. Really nice cards.

Monica said...

Terribly cute card with a matching sentiment.

xxx Monica

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails