Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy Bird-day


New Verve set in the house. Love this birthday set called birthday surprise. I wanted to keep this card simple in colors so I could use it for a masculine card. I choose bermuda bay and black. Bermuda is not my favorite color but it looks ok with black.  I cut the balloons out and popped them up with dimensionals. Tried to keep the embossing on the neutral side too, I don't think the swirls are too femine are they?  The layout is a mojo sketch but I'm drawing a blank as to which one. Thanks for stopping by...can you tell I'm trying to build up my stash of birthday cards. Have a great day.

9 comments:

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Hehe I love this color! That lil bird is too cute.

Karli said...

very cute! Love the embossing. It adds so much texture/dimension without bulking it up with"stuff." Terrific card. Big hugs :)

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, I love this paired with black! Great idea, Carrie!!

jimlynn said...

I think it'll make a great guy card! Love that little image too. He's a cutie. Great card.

Kathy said...

Really like the two embossed layers together. I think black looks fab with Bermuda Bay, I'm going to have to remember that. Great masculine card. New Verve in the house is always fun.

Karen Howard said...

Awesome card, Carrie! I love the Bermuda Bay color and you are right, it looks great with black!
Great layout and what a fun stamp set!

Annie said...

oh my, I love this color!!! Great texture and awesome card!

Loretta Rodger said...

what a fun card! Love the texture!

Anne said...

Perfect man's card, it's hard not to keep adding things in, isn't it? You got this one just right though I think

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails