Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Surf's Up Dude


Here is my card for Verve's 3rd Beach Party Challenge this week. It was a sketch challenge. You can find the info about the challenges on splitcoast HERE

This card seemed never ending to me because I made so many changes to it before I glued it all together.  I started out with some dp from DCWV summer mat stack but it was a little too busy so I toned it down by adding the pumpkin strip to the bottom.  I had the 3 panels, like in the sketch, just plain at first but it didn't look right then I remembered this dollar set of stamps I bought from Pat Catans and thought how perfect...Beach Party themed release, what better than a surf board, sentiment and flowers along with a popsicle eating penguin.  The surf board set if from inque I believe and the penguin is Imaginisce. I colored the penguin with bic markers.  Thanks for looking and stopping by.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

This is adorable Carrie! It really came together nicely. Love the surfboard stamp & dp. Look at you thinking you couldn't come up with anything for these challenges. You've ROCKED 3 already!

Annie said...

Carrie, you are on a roll! This is absolutely darling!!!!

Anne said...

This is so cute, love that surfboard too, what a fun card!

jimlynn said...

Another great card, Carrie. This little guy is super!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Love this cute image, and what a super fun card. Makes me want summer to get here faster!

Karli said...

cuuute little penguin! I like the look of the 3 layers. It really is eye catching. Fun card! Hugs :)

Karen Howard said...

Love this penquin and his swim trunks, so very cute!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails