Thursday, April 22, 2010

Verve You're Always In My Thoughts

Here is my 4th Verve card of the week. This was also another sketch challenge for the Beach Party Release. You can find the info HERE

I'm hooked on this color combo...orange, green and blue. It was part of the first beach party challenge and now I LOVE it.  The gorgeous dp is DCWV citrus stack...another yummy stack of paper. I swear dcwv paper just gets better and better and its getting harder and harder to cut it up. Yes I have the paper hoarding disease of omg I love this paper, I can't cut, what if I never find another piece of paper like this again, what if I have some better project down the road I want to use it on...I'll just save it.  I can't be alone in this disease. lol I've gotten to the point I just close my eyes and cut. Well I peek a little or all my cuts would be crooked.

Ok back to the card. The stamp set is Verve's Up and Away, stamped it twice, once on dcwv dp from the summer stack. The trees are stamped in old olive. The sentiment is SU's from whimsical words. I love this sentiment with this image because I think of drifting hot air balloons and how our thoughts drift from thing to thing. Well that's my thought process anyway.   Hope you enjoyed today's post. Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

You're right, this color combo is awesome!! Love that stamp set. Thank you for enabling me, I now own it. LOL I also love the citrus stack from DCWV. Every time HL has their stacks on sale I'm tempted to buy another pack. I don't though because I know I'll just hoard that one too. LOL

Payne Holler Cards said...

beautiful card! and I am so smiling with you...sometimes I actually "cringe" cutting into dp that I really really worry about running out of....hence, the overload of dp I own!!!!

jimlynn said...

So pretty Carrie......Nope - you are not alone. I've got some patterned paper I swear I'll NEVER cut - it's just too pretty! LOL

lcamacho said...

Carrie,How funny is that.I do the same thing.I have so much paper.I act like I need more.You never have enough Card stock or Dp :)...Your card is so cute.TFS

Tina said...

What a lovely card, the color combo is delish!

Kathy said...

Are we supposed to cut our DCWV paper? I didn't realize it, I have such a hard time using mine, too. The citrus stack is one of my faves. I love the colors and your hot air balloon! Way to go on the Verve challenge!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful! I love the colors, layout, etc......and yep- lots of DSP that I am 'saving' for just the right project! TFS

Annie said...

how pretty!!! Love how you stamped the trees on the bottom - what a grest idea.

Karen Howard said...

Love the hot air balloon and the color combination is perfect for summer!!!

Anne said...

This is beautiful and love those trees at the bottom, nice touch

Patty (LaLatty) said...

I know what you mean about it getting harder to cut up our dp. I'm a paper hoarder....LOL Love these colors, awesome card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails