Monday, May 17, 2010

Dad


 I am so happy with the way this turned out, even using my second least favorite color Soft Suede..lol 

The layout is for the May week 2 Verve challenge going on at Splitcoaststampers. I kind of took liberties with the inspriation colors and stretched it to the max since they were really geared towards the feminine side. You can find the challenge HERE

The base is soft suede, the dp is dcwv linen stack and its matted with kraft cs.  The image is from SU's For Father set stamped in Walnut ink by Ranger on kraft cs. The sentiment is from Verve's Father Figure set also stamped in Walnut but on suede cs.

I hope Dad likes his card for Father's day, the image is very fitting for my father since we've moved into our house he's always over here with his toolbox helping my husband fix one thing or another.  Thanks for stopping by today, have you started on your Father's Day cards yet? 

Woo Hoo I finally have 50 followers. Thank you all for following along.

12 comments:

jimlynn said...

Great! I would have to say this is a perfect Father's Day card. Very nice.

Karen Howard said...

Carrie, this is an awesome father's day card and I'm sure he will LOVE it!!!

Sarah said...

Perfect! Great inspiration for a masculine card.

Kathy said...

Wonderful Father's day card Carrie. Funny thing about soft suede, I haven't even opened my pack, just don't know what to do with it. Looks great on your card.

Payne Holler Cards said...

love this for your Dad! image is perfect - really like your color combo too!

Annie said...

GREAT card!!!!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Nice Father's Day card, he's going to love it!

lcamacho said...

What a perfect Fathers card.I love it.TFS

Becki B said...

I love thie colors, especially the DP. Nice clean masculine lines. Good job!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

what a great dad's day card...love the toolbox image.

Mary G. said...

Great card, Carrie! He's going to love it!

Anne said...

What a lovely masculine card, colours just right

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails