Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Flower Stems


Good Morning or Evening depending on when you dropped by. Today's card was made for Verve's May Challenge Week 1 . Its a sketch and inspriation challenge. I wasn't sure if I was going to play until I saw the sketch. LOVE this sketch, its simple and very versatile. I'm sure I'll be using it again and again.  The color choices came from the second inpsiration piece that had a mix of blues and greens along with different patterns

The stamp set I used is by Autumn Leaves a gift from a dear friend. This was the first chance I had to ink this set up and love it. The sentiment is SU from the Trendy Trees set punched out using the SU oval punch.  The dp is dcwv summer mat stack.  Base is SU white, the blue is dcwv textured cs and the green mats are SU celery.  I colored the flowers with SU and Tombow markers.

Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget there is still time to play in the Stamps R Us Challenge this month...anything but a card, make sure to drop on by.  An exact version of this card was published in Just Cards Birthdays vol 2 with a birthday sentiment

11 comments:

Sarah said...

What a cute card! I love those funky flowers.

lcamacho said...

I love the colors.Very cute stamp set.I think I have something like that.I will have go check my stash and case this card.TFS

Bonnie said...

WOW! Carrie, just love this...very pretty. I am slowing getting back on updating my blog too.

jimlynn said...

It IS a cute sketch.....and an even cuter card. Wonderful. Love the image.

Shelly Schmidt said...

OOOHHHHH! I love this card- pretty stamps and I love the layout! And I love the colors too!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh Carrie, I love this! And that is a really, really fun set!

Tami said...

I really like the colors and the background.

Karen Howard said...

Carrie, this is beautiful! I love the different colors of blue and the image is soooo cute.

Kathy said...

Love the color combo on this one. I have that stamp set, too, but don't think I inked it up yet. Thanks for the inspiration, I'll have to get mine inky!

Anne said...

Carrie this is such a lovely C&S card, very elegant

Becki B said...

Wow, really love this, especially the colors. I am in a slump, nothing is looking good that I do and this gives me a little inspiration. Thanks Carrie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails