Monday, May 10, 2010

Mom's Birthday


 This is for my Mom's birthday later this month. Yellow is her favorite color so I knew that would be my jumping off point.  I love the flowers from SU's Vintage Vogue.  All the flowers were cut out and the 2 large ones stamped in mustard were popped up on dimensionals while the little ones stamped in saffron were just adhered with tape. The green is old olive. I love this color combo.  The sentiment is from Verve's birthday set birthday surprise.  Hope you have a great day and happy stamping and blogging

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful card. I would never have thought to put those yellows together but it works. I bet she is gonna love it!

Karli said...

very pretty & cheery. Yellow can be tricky but these colors are just right! I'm sure your mom loved it & is proud of her little girl's card-making skillz :) Big Hugs

jimlynn said...

Carrie, this is fabulous! Alot of cutting there! LOL! But worth it. I also love that sentiment. Your mom is going to love this. It's great.

Lisa M. said...

Hi Carrie! This is a beautiful card..your mom will love it! I like how the embossing, the punched edge and the script of the sentiment go with the "feel" of the Vintage Vogue set! :) Have a good day!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

WOW, Carrie! I love this card and I bet your mother will too, it's just gorgeous! This is such a great stamp set, one day maybe I'll get it for myself- love those flowers!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a pretty card for your Mom! I lvoe the pretty colors you put together- and the nice sentiment. TFS

Karen Howard said...

Beautiful card, Carrie!!! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

That is a fabulous combo and love those flowers!

Kathy said...

I love this sentiment, so sweet. Your mom will love this card. I never would have thought to put mustard and saffron together, but love it. I'm going to try out this color combo!

Anne said...

Ths is such a beautiful colourscheme and card

Monica said...

What lovely colours there and so very elegant. All the shades of yellow tie in extremely well.

xxx Monica

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails