Thursday, May 27, 2010

Owls and Grandpas


Today's card was another one made for Father's Day but this one is for one of the Grandpas from our son. It didn't quite turn out how I envisioned it but I think its ok. 

The owl images are from a set called Whimsical Birds from TPC Studios...its a set of clear stamps and I kind of had a hard time getting a clear image when stamping with it. The punch up the side is by MS and the little leaves are from SU's two step bird punch.  The Whoo was cut from the cricut's Straight from the Nest cart. 

Hope you have a wonderful day.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

These cute little owls are all the rage right now, aren't they? This is just so cute. I love your border punch - which one is it?

Annie said...

my goodness, this is sooooooooooo CUTE!!!

jimlynn said...

Oh, Carrie, I think it's precious. Love those little owls. So cute.

Karli said...

Carrie, this is adorable!!! Love the little owls :) I also really like the colors you used. One tip I learned from PTI was to rub an eraser (white artist) over your stamps to remove residue left from the manufacturing process & that does help stamp clearer. Big hugs!

Karen Howard said...

Carrie, this is so cute! Love the owls and will have to get me some now!

Kathy said...

So cute, I love owls and these are way cute! Good for you getting your father's day cards done early.

Paige said...

Cute card! I love the punched side with the leaves tucked in!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Oh, I haven't even started any Father's Day cards yet. This card is great, love the owls! I almost bought that MS punch last week, but I changed my mind....hmm I made need to go back and get it now!

Anne said...

Very cute card! I have had a lot of trouble with clear stamps from time to time, most of them stamped ok when I changed the ink I was using. There wasn't one worked all the time, but I tried a few different ones. Annoying though, often you want to use a particular type/colour...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails